8/8

"You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

——

• 3 Weeks Later •

"Happy birthday, birthday boy!" Camila climbed on top of her boyfriend and peppered Shawn's still sleeping face with little kisses as he stirred awake beneath her.

"Good morning baby," he sleepily chuckled. She sat up on his lap, revealing the tiny red silk robe she was wearing. "Mmm...a happy birthday indeed." He placed his hands on her thighs and slowly slid them up, pulling the silk of her robe up with them.

"Hey!" she exclaimed, pulling his hands back down. "Not yet, your breakfast is going to get cold."

"Breakfast? You made me breakfast?" he asked with a cocked eyebrow. She leaned down and pressed her lips against his neck.

"Mhmm..." she moaned against his neck. "It's your birthday, you need to be spoiled. Now let's go eat."

"I can't get out of bed until you get off of me, baby..." he laughed.

"But I don't wanna get off of you..." Camila jutted her bottom lip out in a pout.

"Fine." Shawn placed his hands firmly on her backside, standing up from the bed and bringing her with him as she squealed and giggled. He carried her all the way out into the kitchen, setting her down on the marble countertop.

"French toast?" he said excitedly as he examined the meal she had made him.

"Not just any french toast, baby! Brioche french toast with berries and homemade whipped cream

"Not just any french toast, baby! Brioche french toast with berries and homemade whipped cream. Just to remind you that I am, in fact, the best thing that's ever happened to you."

"Well I don't need a reminder for that." He leaned in and pressed a tender kiss to her lips before reluctantly pulling away and grabbing a plate of the delicious breakfast she had made. "This is such a nice surprise. Thank you, baby."

"Well the surprises don't stop there!" she said cheerily as she bit her bottom lip. "You've got a whole day of fun ahead of you."

"This is really unnecessary..." he chuckled as he shook his head.

"No it's not! You're always spoiling me. You deserve to be spoiled too, especially today!"

"Yeah? Does part of spoiling me include whatever you've got hidden under that robe?" He smirked. Camila just laughed and brought her hand up to caress the side of his face.