A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

WHERE LIGHT AND DARKNESS MEET
It has been six years since the padawan, Ben Solo, destroyed the unknown Jedi temple and betrayed his master and uncle, Luke Skywalker. Now, on the island of Ahch-To where Master Skywalker has chosen to live in exile, he continues to train a rising Jedi, Evangeline, whom Ben Solo failed to destroy six years ago.
Now, Evangeline must follow the Force, and attempt to find Ben Solo in hopes of saving him from the dark side...

Chapter I
Anger

    "Focus Evangeline."
     He only ever uses my full name when he's frustrated with me. Luke Skywalker is an angry man, becoming more gruff each day. Ahch-To isn't the most pleasant planet in the galaxy, but Skywalker refuses to leave it.
     All because of the padawan, Ben Solo. He destroyed our home when Master Luke went to confront him, and he cost me the lives of my fellow padawans. My friends. Ben fled the planet to join the First Order and become a puppet to Snoke, while Master Skywalker and I were left to bury the last remaining followers of the Jedi religion. Besides myself and him, of course.
     I've asked Luke so many times if he would let me go to Solo and remind him of who he was before the dark side corrupted him. He was a dedicated, loving and strong-minded Jedi with more power than I could imagine. Perhaps that power is what drove him away from us; and from me.
     Luke swings his lightsaber at me, and I dodge just in time before he can take my head off.
   "Focus Evangeline!"
   "I'm trying." I have to grunt the words out as I strike Luke with my own saber, but the attack rebounds and I'm left kneeling on the cold, wet dirt of this awful island as Master Skywalker stands over me.
   "Your mind is elsewhere," he says accusingly. "You have always been a strong Jedi, second only to Kylo Ren."
     Always second. I never minded being second, not when I laughed with Ben and trained with him until the moon was high and our arms were too sore to move. But now it feels like a stab in the stomach. How could I still be second best when Solo succumbed to the dark side's lure while I stayed faithful to Luke? While I buried my dead comrades as the great Skywalker hid away in his room, consumed by guilt and shame at losing his nephew? I remind myself that thinking in such a resentful way will only bring me closer to a destiny like Ben's, but I can't help but wonder why Master Luke still views me as second when he couldn't keep his own kin away from Snoke and the First Order.
     The old Jedi master is still gazing at me with those judgmental, tired eyes, but I can't look at them. Instead I gaze at the steady glow of my green lightsaber. The copper hilt gleams in the dying light of day, and before I finally have the courage to look up at my master, I hear the sound of his saber being sheathed, and he walks away; leaving me alone on the peak of Ahch-To.