Chapter 14

It started to get late and Nash still didn't get here yet. Maybe he got lost. He sure didn't ask me for my address. Maybe he doesn't wanna come because he's embarrassed. I don't know I'm just starting to wonder if I should ask my teacher to switch my partner. Nash seemed like he was exited and ready to get to work, but if he isn't up for it I'll gladly switch partners to someone who is. My phone buzzed and for a second I thought it was Nash telling me he was running a little late. I looked at my phone to see it was Maya instead.

From Maya: Wanna hang out tonight?

What should I do. I mean if Nash ends up coming over. I mean I don't think he's gonna show up anyway, so why not just have some fun. No wait I need to work on this project even if it's without Nash. But hanging out with Maya might clean my head.

To Maya: yeah sure. My house?

-

I was so glad Maya came over. I've never really hung out with Maya until today though. Once she got here we made popcorn and started a comedy movie. She said it was probably the funniest movie she'sseen. I didn't watch a lot of movies, if I did I'd probably already know this movie. Maya said its a popular movie and so many people have seen it. I guess I just missed out on that.

Once I sat down next to Maya the doorbell rang, I went to get up but Maya beat me to it and said she'd get the door. I sat down and relaxed as she made her way to door. Then it hit me. Nash!

"Nash, Cam What are u doing here?" She said

Cameron too!?

I looked down the hall to see Cameron push right passed Maya and walk in my direction followed by Nash.

"Nice place Carly." Cameron smirked and walked around the living room as Nash made he's way over to me.

"Sorry I'm late Carly. I forgot about our project and Cameron was over and then he got lost on the way here." Said Nash

"Yeah lost." I heard Cameron murmur as I rolled my eyes.

"It's okay, it's just I thought you weren't coming so I invited Maya over." I said motioning to Maya on the couch

"Should we still work on the project?" He asked

"I don't think so, not tonight, maybe you and Cameron should just leave." I sighed

"Why so soon." Cameron said right behind me making me jump a little and turn around

"W-Well my mom will be home from work soon, and she won't want all these people in t-the house.." I shuttered

Before I knew it the knob on the front door turned open and my mom walked right in. As my mom walked in she smiled noticing the company. Great timing mom. Ughhhh.

"Hello?" She smiled walking in the living room. Oh my gosh.

"Carly who are these people." She whispered to me not quiet enough.

"Hello Mrs.Dawson, Cameron." He smiled shaking my mothers hand. Oh my gosh. I'm pretty sure I saw Nash roll his eyes too.

"I'm Nash." Smiled Nash after

Soon enough Maya stood up too and introduced herself as well. I'm pretty sure my mom has only heard about Maya.

"Well I'm gonna go head upstairs you kids have fun. Not too late it's a school night." She smiled walking out of the room

"We'll be out before 8:00pm ma'am." Smiled Cameron

"Won't want all these people in the house huh." Cameron said mocking me

"Your pathetic." Said Maya with a fake laugh as she plopped back down on the couch