V

V

P A S T

~ Third Person's POV

Xiaojun and Eehuey became a couple and they kept their relationship private and lowkey. Only their close friends knew about this.

However, rumors about their relationship spread like wildfire, not only in their school, but the whole town.

"Eehuey?" Xiaojun called.

Eehuey averted her gaze at him as they walked home from school.

"I was thinking if I could bring you home with me." he said without looking at her.

"What? Why?"

"I wanted to introduce you to my family as my girl." he said and looked at her.

Eehuey froze and she stopped walking, she had a confused facial expression.

Xiaojun stopped walking as well and faced her. "Don't you think that's a bad idea?" she asked.

He knew it was a bad idea.

He sighed before answering and looked away. "I'm not sure but it's worth trying." he said.

Eehuey did not answer back but she bowed her head, Xiaojun immediately gave her a hug and kissed her forehead.

"I really don't want to live like this, Eehuey." he said then he broke their hug, he still held unto her shoulder.

"I don't want us to hide what's between us, I want us to be free." he added.

"I understand but..." she looked into his eyes. "The people around us will never accept what we have, Xiaojun."

He sighed heavily. "We should atleast try to convince them that we are compatible with each other."

———

Even though Eehuey was hesitant to be introduced to Xiaojun's family. She still took the risk, she hopes that she will be able to change her mother's perspective about the whole hierarchy thing.

"You look nervous?" Xiaojun said as he brush off her hair off her face and tucked it on her ear.

They were riding a car which Xiaojun owns but he barely uses it because he would always walk home from school with Eehuey.

"Because I am." she responded.

"Don't be..." he said. "I'm sure they'll accept you."

"Really?"

Xiaojun shook his head. "Not really, but we will try to convince them as much as we can."