Chapter 31: Pity (Biana's P.O.V.)

Enjoy this innocent little hug because what's coming next is not as innocent.

Everything was perfect. The lights, the music, the setting in general. Well, maybe not so much the fact that Dex and Stina were dancing right next to us, and Stina was plainly stalking Jensi and I, but other than that? Perfection. And, what's more, nothing felt awkward. Jensi had pulled me close, so close our noses were touching. But my heart didn't flutter and I didn't blush, and neither did he. It was normality now, being so close to each other. And I was sure that meant we had taken this relationship from little crushes to something real. That was something I was ahead of the rest of my friends on. Sophie and Tam were close, but there was still an awkwardness between them that Jensi and I didn't have. Keefe and Linh had no idea what they were doing, and Dex had no idea what he was getting himself into, dating Stina. I shook my head, disgusted.

"What is it?" Jensi asked, catching the motion.

I smiled. "Nothing you need to worry about."

"If you're worrying about it, then it's definitely something I need to worry about, too."

I chuckled. "I'm not worrying, Jensi. I just feel bad for Dex. He's got his heart set on Stina, but she's just going to build him up to break him down."

Jensi nodded his agreement. He knew I was loyal, and didn't mind me talking about other boys. "You're right. Stina's not worth it. Dex is a good guy, he deserves better than her."

"And she deserves nothing more than dirt," I scoffed.

Jensi laughed. "That's the truest statement I've ever heard. Are you going to try breaking them up?"

I frowned. "No. Dex says Stina's actually really nice now. Maybe she's had a change of heart. I don't want to break them up if they have potential."

Jensi shrugged. "I don't know. Stina's an actress. She gets what she wants, when she wants it." He shuddered. "Have you heard the way she talks to-"

"Talking about me?" a sickeningly sweet voice interrupted. Stina.

"Maybe," Jensi said. He stopped dancing and curled us hands into fists. I copied his stance.

"Relax," Stina ordered, laughing at our balled fists. "I just want to know what you were saying."

"Just that-" Jensi prepared to lie. I had other plans.

"That you're a worthless piece of scum and Dex deserves way better than a brat like you," I finished for him.

 Stina took a step back, hurt etched in her face.

Dex narrowed his eyes. "And do you know what you are?"

I glanced at Jensi, eyes wide. Dex wouldn't. Not innocent, little Dex.

"You're a stuck up, spoiled princess. And you have no right to insult my girlfriend." He turned to Stina. " C'mon. Let's go somewhere else." He took her hand and led her to the far side of the room. I stared after them.

"Please tell me you didn't believe anything he said," Jensi begged.

I wiped at my stinging eyes. "No. But I'm not crying for me. I'm crying for Dex. You were right. Stina's even more toxic than we thought. And it's only a matter of time..." I shook my head. "He's gone to deep. There's nothing we can do but wait."

Jensi nodded sadly.

"Wait for her to break him."

So wattpad says this chapter was only 600 or so words, so there must be a lot of big words, because this was a loooong chapter to write out. Anyway, that's your chapter, four days late...