Chapter 24: Brotherly Love

"AAAANNNDD HOME RUN!" Markus yells.

"Now we're tied! We could win!" Liam, his roommate says excitedly.

The three of us are sitting in our backyard hot tub, their computer sitting on a table in the deck playing the Columbia vs Cornell Baseball game. They are home for the weekend until Wednesday. Not going to lie, Liam is very, very good looking. But he loves to talk about his girlfriend, who I've actually met over facetime once. Markus Face Timed me when he went on a double date with them.

Oh, and Markus has a very pretty and smart girlfriend. Her name is Marina and is going into clinical psychology and is the definition of gorgeous. Liam's girlfriend is pretty too, but I don't know much about her except that she's blond and is going into engineering, just like Liam.

"Bases are loaded." I say, looking at the computer.

"Wow Rapunzel, you know your stuff." Liam says and laughs. He calls me Rapunzel because when we met I had really long hair, except brown. He then referenced Tangled, my absolute favorite movie, and the name stuck.

"Do you really think I would allow her to not watch baseball?" Markus asks and rolls his eyes.

"No." Liam says and turns to me, allowing me to get a nice view of his abs. Wait, I'm not... I look away as he smirks. "So, what's your favorite team?"

"The Cubs, obviously." I say, shifting my position to face him again.

"Seriously? The Yankies are way better." Liam says.

"I told her to pick them, but She had to pick another team." My brother says and laughs. He turns around to face Liam and me.

"What? I like Chicago." I say, shrugging.

"New York is better." They say at the same time and laugh. I roll my eyes.

"So, Rapunzel, we haven't caught up in a while. How's school?" Liam asks.

"Eh, its ok. My Bio teacher is going crazy, but we're almost done. We have one unit left." I tell him.

"That was a fun class." Markus says.

"Bio was fun, but I enjoyed Physics more, as you could imagine." Liam says. "So, do you have a boyfriend?"

"LIAM!" Markus yells. Liam snickers. I start to blush.

"What? I'm just curious." Liam says and looks over at me. "Wait..."

"No, I do not have one." I say, trying to hide my blushing.

"Sure." Liam says.

"Wait, do you?" Markus asks.

"No!" I say.

"But you like a boy?" Liam asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No? No!" I say.

"Let me give you some advice." Liam says and sits next to me and puts his arm around me. "Highschool boys are stupid, and don' understand the world of romance."

"Ok?" I say.

"College boys are mature, and less stupid. They know more about the world, how it works." He continues.

"Liam, were freshman." Markus says, rolling his eyes.

"Let me finish." He says and glares at Markus, then looks back at me. "Wait till college, because I can guarantee this boy will break your heart."

"Ok?" I say again.

"Here, give me your phone." Liam says. I quickly get out of the hottub and get my phone and hand it to him.