chapter four

I went off to change into my nightwear and on getting back, I met Anna staring out the window.

Anna was so deep in her thoughts. When I held her arms and pulled her back to my gaze.

"What is the problem, are you okay?". I inquired.

My sister became teary-eyed, she hugged me shaking in fear.
I sat her down on the bed and asked what happened...

Anna repeated some strange words and later on asked for my help.
She revealed that the man who came to ask for her hand in marriage wasn't a stranger, but an ex-lover.

I went frozen by her truth. Who knew my sister had an affair with a man, don't get me wrong, Anna is everything a man would want, but my sister was more of a book person.

I still recall the last time, I tried to trick her into going out with a man, she almost made me regret doing that.

Anna also told me how he abused, and emotionally blackmail her, that dating him was the worst mistake of her life, her words and not mine.

She told me everything.

Who would expect that my soon-to-be brother-in-law was a devil in disguise?

She feared going through the same thing if the alliance is fixed.
"Tell me something, why didn't say anything?"
I wanted to know.

Anna raised her eyebrows and said.
" I didn't know my past will return out of the blue and fucking ask for my hand in marriage".
She folds her hands twerking her eyes away.