chapter thirty eight

A year passed, everything became better, and Christain changed drastically, for the better.
Mom and my relationship became better too, Anna was almost jealous of our closeness.
Christain took charge of the Hernandez family fortune once again, no idea how he got his godfather to sign the papers.

I concluded that since everything has been settled, my marriage to Christain must come to an end.
I got married to him for the sake of my sister and family and now that everything has been exposed, what's the need of staying in such a marriage.
Christain isn't in love with me and neither do I love him.

"Can I have a minute with you"
I said the Christain the minute I stepped into the room
"Yes! What's up?". He asked
I looked away in fear, how do u tell Christain that I want a divorce?..
Christain however became persistent to know, that pressure made me tell exactly what I wanted.
"I want a divorce,". I said.

Her eyes lit up with a lot of questions.
I couldn't answer all, however when he did ask me why.
I said the fact that my work here with his family was done.

"Keep lying to yourself," 
He takes his hand back and locked it.

"What do you mean by that?" I said, reminding him, that I only got married to him for my sister"

"Yes, I know but let me ask you a question," he says perking at me.

"Why did you get angry the time you saw me with Diana back at the resort in Virginia?"

"I don't know", I blurted out, stuttering with my words.

"Lie again," Christain walks pulling off his jacket from the bed.
He excused himself and left me without an answer, where is he heading to.

Meanwhile, Christain called my sister over to a nearby coffee shop.

"Hello Anna, thanks for meeting me" Christain offered her a seat.
"It's okay, what's going on with my sister, you sounded serious on the phone".
Anna replied.

Christain told her about the divorce and Anna right ask if he truly cares, whether I divorce him or not.

He couldn't say a word. Anna watched him closely and right then, she said with surprise.

"Oh my God, Mr. Christain Hernandes, you're in love with my sister".

"What?" He looks away.

"Don't you dare lie to me, I can see the sparkle in your eyes whenever my sister is mentioned"
Anna chuckled with her hand on her mouth.

"Fine, I admit it but how do we stop her from getting a divorce"
He later gave in, by admitting the truth.

"I have a plan".
Anna drew a devious smirk on her face, as she Whispers to Christian's ears.

The same day, I got a call from the hospital saying that Christain was at the hospital.
I didn't wait for the lady at the end of the call to speak, I picked up my shoes and ran to the hospital.
Mrs. Hernandez and her husband had no idea, I chose not to inform them.

Anna comes to meet me.
She asked to know if everything was fine. I didn't know what to say, I have no idea what happened either.
The doctor wanted to know about my relationship with Christian, the second I asked him about him.
Right there I froze. Anna however told the doctor that Christain was my husband.
A husband, I am planning on getting a divorce from.