chapter twenty one

I was later left alone to rest, Christain didn't leave just because he wanted to stay away from me, but because he got a call from the office.
The room was calm, I was busy sleeping alone in the room. Suddenly, a hand grabbed mine and pushed me down to the ground.
"You have no shame?"
Christian voice echoed in my ears.
I got up and was angered by his behavior. How dare he push me off the bed.

"You're the one who's shameless".

I tried to sit down on the bed, Christain being his usual self, held my hand and pushed me out of the room without warning.

"Christain"
I  banged on the door.

Everyone all came out to see what was happening.

"I'm sensing this will be a daily routine in this house," Mr. Hernandez said to his wife.

I stood there for seconds, yet the son of bitch, refused to open the door.
It was half-past eleven at the night. I couldn't just continue standing there, I picked up the one thing Christain shoved me out with and that was the bed's pillow.

Everyone was asleep. I thought I wouldn't have to let anyone see me sleeping in the living room, Mrs. Hernandez met me there.

"Ma'am" 
I got up from the couch.
She takes a seat next to me.
I got this hint to ask why she was being nice to me since I got married to her son in pretense.
However she didn't care, she even admitted to the fact that her son is indeed a horrible person.
Its stranger for a mom to admit to that fact, but she did, which was a lot suspicious to trust her.

She might have said that Christain was horrible, but there was a reason behind it.
Mrs. Hernandez, acknowledge once again the fact what her son was doing, however, she begged me to help bring him back to the right track.

"I understand how you feel but behind that hot-headedness, my son has a good heart,  but he needs someone to bring him back to the right track and I am putting you in charge of it"
She said.

"Why do you trust me with this task" I raised a question.

"Because I have a strong conviction you can help him, although your sister is good but giving her nature, she wouldn't last a night him," she tells and walks away.

Truthfully I don't know what Mrs. Hernandez saw in me but she should rest assured that I'll make Christain pay for every hurts, and tear he had inflicted on my sister.
He is lucky, I didn't find out about him long ago, because I would have killed him and dumped his body at the bottom of the lake.

The following morning, I heard noises coming from the kitchen, I woke up caressing my neck.
I turned and Christain was riding down the stairs.
He ignored me and walked to the dining room.
Mrs. Hernandez served him a plate, I was just about to leave when I heard a slam on the floor.

I looked back and right there Christain was busy pulling his mom's hair.
There was no way I could watch this happen, I left my slippers aside and helped Mrs. Hernandez away from her crazy son.

He warned me to stay away, and once again attempted to grab her. luckily there was a chair before him and that saved her.