chapter fourteen

"Look, all I told her to make sure she takes very good care of you, seeing she is your wife to be" Diana ran her hands on Christain's chest.

"Don't try to lie to me" Christain pushed her away,

"And you think I care" she replied, crowing her well-shaved legs.

"Now listen to me and listen good, stay away from Anna, and the next time, she asks me questions about us, I won't hesitate to kill you and toss your body at the bottom of the lagoon, " Christian angrily walked out of her room

She was angered by his behavior and cursed. Meanwhile, I thought it wise to wait for him. I know Christain hasn't been the best fiance however, why do I feel anxious?.

Christain walks in a minute later. He saw me seated by myself inside and asked me why haven't got to sleep.
What can I say?. I explained the reason why but as usual he warned me never to stay awake waiting for him anymore.

He looked furious, by the way.
I didn't have anything to say, the bed was a few steps close to me, so I went back and laid down.
While Christian walks into the bathroom to freshen up after taking his towel from the cupboard.

The following Morning

"Anna wake up".

It was morning, however for some strange reason, a Christian voice was interrupting my sleep.
When I try to turn, I felt my head on his hand, his soft yet warm hands.
"Good morning" with a charming smile, I greeted him.

In return, he smiled right back, it was indeed the first time after so many years I've seen Christain smiling.
Did anyone die perhaps?..
He Informed me before leaving he was going to be back late from the office.
I wanted him to take his time, I had my head dangle up and down, watching him leave.
Right after, he pulled away from me.
Fuck. He has soft hands.

A few minutes later, I went to the bathroom to freshen up, deep down, I felt like going for a stroll around the city, and since Christain wouldn't be back so soon, I bet I'll have some time alone with myself and my thoughts.
How I wish, Lisa was here with me.

I passed a clothing store, and on my way to grab a cup of coffee, there was a coffee shop around the streets, that sells good coffee, Christain and I once went there together, he got a latte while I stared there and watched the screen.
The mother fucker, didn't even bother to ask me, like a gentleman, if I'd want one.
What. He's an asshole, although I can't say that to his face.

"Hello ma'am, what can I get for you?".
The boy behind the coffee counter said.
I inhaled and ordered a cup of cappuccino coffee.
He made me smile and went over to the other side of the deck to fetch my order.

I walked a minute later with my cup, the clothing store was right there staring at me. I think I heard it call my name.
I went to the clothing store, they had a lot of nice things, unfortunately, my cash was limited, the only money available was to get two things for both my parents and my son's sister.

I glanced at the jewelry section. Lisa has always loved Jewelry, one time, she made me steal mom's jewelry, so she could go to school.
That piece of information now is hidden from our parents, because if mom dares to find out about her jewelry missing, Lisa and I, mostly me, will be in trouble.

The woman assigned to help me pick the perfect jewelry brought out a bracelet.
It was beautiful. However, cost a fortune.
"Can I have another one please,"? I placed it aside.
Another Jewelry was sent in for me. I didn't bother to check anything, else but the price tag.
Nice, simple and also not expensive.
"I'll take this,". I said.

The bracelet was packed up. I went over to the caps and coat sections. It was for my parents.
Mom is obsessed with coats. Whereas dad loves cap.
He's got like a gazillion of them, stored in his wardrobe.

I got everything I wanted, the remaining money left was stored in my wallet.
I was just stepped out of the store and out of nowhere, a man highjacks my bags.
It happened so fast, that all I did was stare in shock.
Luckily another person saw what happened and helped me run away from the man.
I went running after them, after realizing myself.

"Here you go,".

The man, who I can call a good Samaritan, bring back my bag in the one-piece, he asked me to check if everything was still intact, and after I did, I thanked him for his help.

He leaves smiling, while I picked up my shopping bags and left there.