chapter twenty eight

I waited for Christain to return, not because I cared but the fact that, of it was getting late.
I might not care about the man I married, but I still do have a heart. Right?.
I kept on waiting and checking the time, minutes went past eleven at the night.
Maybe Christain isn't coming? So I thought and I went ahead and locked the door.
I haven't gone deep into slumber, I heard him calling my name outside.
I was just a few steps away to open the door, you can say, I was being lazy, so I didn't bother.

Morning. I came outside and the first thing I saw was Christain sleeping outside, his head almost landed on tht ground while trying to settle it.
I held it and immediately that made him open his eye.
Christain was filled with anger, he got up and pushed me back to the bedroom.
As usual, we got into a heated conversation. He swore to have me arrested.
No day passes, and we don't end up fighting with each other.
I left the bedroom, right after the manager had to walk in and beg us not to disturb the other guests at the hotel.
We were meant to stay there for a month, and all through, it became my sole aim of getting him aggravated.
And every time, he seemed to retaliate back.
Well, you can say, we kept fighting like cats and dogs.

Most couple's at the resort came to give us counseling sessions for free, because they witness how often we fought.

I sat and listen to every word they had to say and the moment they paused, I quickly pick up my belongings and left.

It was two days before the award ceremony, and I decided to take a stroll around the resort, just to clear my head, the month has been one the hellish ride.
If you know what I mean?

I walked through the beach with my sandals in my hand, there I met Christain.
I wanted to leave, however, he grabbed my hand and for the first time begged me not to.

"Why do you hate me so much" Christain takes me back to his gaze.

"You still don't know the reason why" I replied to him, as we both glared at each other.

"Let me guess, you doing this because of your sister," he said, wearing a smile on his face.

"Bingo," I said, and walked away.

The following day, I woke up and Christain was busy practicing his speech for the award ceremony when he saw me through the mirror.

"Good morning"
Christain greeted.  I shook my head trying to listen again, did Mr arrogant just say good morning to me.
I'm I save?.

"Good morning"  I blurted outback, as he continues with his presentation.

What's happening? Why the sudden change of behavior?.