Chapter 9: The Captive

Drift's POV

Kyubi was becoming more suspicious than ever before. He saw a group of henchmen coming back from a mission and laughing because they had 'killed them all.' And when he had asked what they were talking about, they had denied they had said anything.
As well as this, Riptide hadn't been showing up for A.L.T.E.R meetings. Not that it would matter. All of A.L.T.E.R's upcoming missions had been cancelled... The day he had joined. Did Chaos Agent not like him? Or was there something else going on?
Kyubi sat down at a table for lunch. It was nothing special, only potatoes and beef. The henchmen took off their masks slightly so they could eat. But Kyubi wasn't hungry. He got up and walked out.
For the first time in a week, Riptide was stood there. He was talking to a henchman about random stuff. Kyubi had to get his attention, fast.
"Riptide! Where were you?!" he shouted.
Riptide looked shocked and afraid and began to run away. Kyubi followed him, desperate for answers.
"Don't leave!" he screamed at the top of his lungs.
"Not now, Drift." Riptide groaned.
"No, please!"
Kyubi followed him until Riptide turned a corner into a locked room. Kyubi looked through the window and saw Toxin was there as well. Kyubi crouched down and listened in on their conversation.
"I think I lost him." Riptide sighed with relief.
"Good. We can't let him know about Chaos Agent's plan." Toxin explained. Kyubi wondered what she meant by 'plan.'
"So, what's the next stage?"
"We build a small base near The Agency. We make them feel threatened and afraid. Then we attack. Leave none alive."
"What about Midas?"
"We'll take him in for questioning about the position of Ghost on nearby islands. We get in contact with our other bases and we tell them Ghost's weaknesses."
"Seems simple enough."
"Yes. We need to use all of our strike teams though."
Kyubi had heard enough. He got up and turned to escape, but Toxin saw him.
"You!" she screamed.
"I'm sorry but I have to leave." he gasped.
"Oh no you don't!"
Toxin bought out a Harpoon Gun and shot his leg, dragging him towards her. Kyubi's leg was throbbing tremendously.
"Why are you doing this?" Kyubi cried.
"We are done with being second to Ghost. You are our bait for The Agency. We will be the leaders again!" Toxin laughed. She left.
"Sorry, squirt. We have to." Riptide sighed.
"No you don't..."
Kyubi had been their captive all along. They had never cared about him. They had acted as if he was special; that he was amazing. But they didn't think that. They never had. Kyubi slumped down and cried. He was trapped. He just had to pray that Ghost would take him in.

To be continued...

Oof short chapter :/ My first bonus chapter will be released next! It's a meme chapter all about Meowscles and the new skin Kit from the new battle pass! Until next time, bye! :P