Bonus Chapter 3: Summertime

Lynx's POV

  Ding dong! Lynx put down her phone and walked to the front door. She opened it, and stood there was her boyfriend Kyubi, his best friend DJ Yonder, her best friend Calamity, Dire, Fable and Peely. Her friends were all dressed in thick coats and scarfs in order to not freeze to death in the cold of Happy Hamlet. But, underneath, she knew they were wearing swim suits.
"Oh, sorry! Come in, I'll just get my stuff!" Lynx greeted them.
"It's fine!" Dire smiled. Peely gave her a thumbs up.
  Lynx grabbed her phone and then ran upstairs and grabbed her bag. Her phone buzzed in her pocket. It was a message from her friend Skye. Lynx hadn't seen her in a while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skye: Hai hai!
Lynx: Hey!
Skye: How r u?!
Lynx: I'm good.
Skye: Yay!
Skye: Are you getting ready to go with your friends to Paradise Palms?
Lynx: Yup.
Skye: I wish I could come :/
Lynx: Me too :(
Skye: But you have your friends!
Lynx: You're my friend.
Skye: ;-;
Lynx: Anyway, I'll message you later!
Skye: Okie, bye!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Lynx put down her phone and sighed. She wished she could see Skye again, but with a tsunami having collapsed on the island and rumors of Shadow coming back, Ghost had a lot on their hands.
"Hey! Are you gonna get ready or wut?" Calamity called from the bottom of the stairs.
"Coming!" Lynx replied.
  The seven of them got a train to Paradise Palms. Lynx thanked Rox and the Sentinels to herself so they didn't have to walk. Neo Tilted did a good job with the slipstream trains. They found a compartment and sat together. The group took off their coats and put them in their bags.
"How are you then, guys?" Fable asked.
"I'm feeling great! It was nice of Sun Strider to hold a pool party." DJ Yonder smiled.
"Do you think Raptor will be there? I forgot to ask him." Kyubi sighed.
"I'm sure he will." Dire smiled.
"Yeah, I guess you're right!"
  Lynx tapped Kyubi's shoulder to get his attention. Kyubi turned and cocked his head to the side.
"What is it?" Kyubi whispered.
"How do you do it?" Lynx murmured.
"What do you mean?"
"How do you act normal?"
"I know you miss Skye, but we do need to go back to normal."
"We still see each other but we're drifting apart because of the flood on that island..."
"But they're fine. Nobody died."
"I know..."
"Don't forget you can say these things to Yonder or Calamity."
"Thanks."
"No problem. We'll visit her soon."
  Kyubi pulled down his mask and kissed Lynx on the forehead. He then stroked her hair and she smiled. Lynx hugged him whilst he pulled his mask back on.
"Cute!" Dire giggled.
"Shut up, I can love Lynx all the time." Kyubi snapped jokily.
"Speaking of, if Zenith or Omega show up we kick them out."
"What about Carbide?" Calamity asked.
"He'll be fine, hopefully."
"Hey guys, we're almost here!" Fable smiled.
  The train smoothly stopped in the air and the usual fakely-sweet voice came over the intercom to thank them. They got off and Kyubi pulled off his white tank top, leaving him just in swim shorts and flip flops. Peely pulled off his peel.
"Unpeely! You got no peel!" Fable laughed.
"Says the girl who's wearing a hoodie to a pool party." DJ Yonder laughed.
"It's my fave though. No hating."
"I'm just kidding!"
  Zoey was stood at the gate with Brite Bomber, also known as Brite. They were letting people into the party. They looked happy to see Lynx.
"I was wondering where you were!" Brite laughed.
"I'm here now!" Lynx smiled.
"Also, someone came by and is waiting by the ice cream bar, she asked us to tell you she was there." Zoey explained.
Lynx felt overwhelmed, "Oh, uuuh, that you! I'll see you guys in a minute!"
  Lynx ran through the pool party while everyone was dancing and playing volleyball around her. And, sure enough, Skye was stood at the ice cream bar, talking to Rox and a Sentinel. Skye was in a yellow tank top and jean shorts and Rox was in a pastel dress. The Sentinel was its usual white colour.
Lynx ran up to Skye and hugged her, "I thought you weren't coming!"
"Surprise!" Skye giggled.
"Hi Lynx!" Rox smiled.
"Hey!" Lynx hugged Rox.
"I just met Rox, she's really nice! Good thing Midas let me out early!" Skye squealed.
  Kyubi joined the three when they were still squealing together. He looked at the Sentinel.
"Oh, hey Sentinel-026!" Kyubi smiled, looking at the number on its chest.
"I should be recharging, not partying with high school seniors." Sentinel-026 complained.
"I did this as a treat, stop making me feel guilty!" Rox sighed.
"Hey Rox!" Kyubi waved.
"Oh, hi Drift! Sorry about the Sentinel, he needs a new battery."
"Hi, Drift!" Skye hugged Kyubi.
"Hello, Skye!" Kyubi smiled, "How are you?"
"I'm perfect!"
  Watching her friends speak happily to one another made Lynx feel good. Lynx realised she should probably go and find Sun Strider to thank her for hosting the party. She tapped Skye's shoulder.
"I'm going to go and find Sun Strider." Lynx told them.
"Who?" Skye asked.
"Oh, she's really nice! I'll introduce you!"
"Oh, OK!"
"Have you seen her anywhere, Rox?"
"No, sorry." Rox sighed.
"Me neither." Kyubi tutted.
  Lynx then saw Sun Strider's blonde head in a group of other people. She made her way over to her. Sun Strider looked happy to see her.
"Thanks for hosting the party!" Lynx smiled.
"It's OK! Are you having fun?! I mean, it's not like you have to, but it'd be nice." Sun Strider greeted. Classic chatty Sun Strider.
"Haha, I only just got here but I'm happy, so thanks for asking!"
"Drinks are at the bar with the ice creams so you can tell your friends that's where it is!"
"OK, thank you!"
"No problem, I'll see you later?"
"Yup!"
"Okie dokie! Bye, Lynx!"
"Bye!"
  Lynx joined Skye, Rox and Kyubi back at the ice cream bar, and Raptor had joined them. Kyubi was happy to see that Raptor had arrived.
"Oh, hey Raptor! When did you get here?" Lynx greeted.
"Whilst you were talking to Sun Strider. If you're looking for Marshmello, he's over there with Yonder." Raptor smiled.
"I'm Skye!" Skye squealed.
"I'm Raptor! It's nice to meet you."
"You have so many friends! Why didn't you introduce me to them sooner?!"
"I don't know..." Lynx answered, and it was the truth.
"Should we get in the pool?" Kyubi asked.
"YES!" they all replied.
"OK then! Cannonball!"
  Kyubi splashed into the water, splashing some nearby people. They looked upset, but Kyubi just said sorry and they all laughed. He then joined Lynx, who had just slowly dipped herself into the water.
"I-it's cold!" Lynx shivered.
"You'll get used to it. There are a lot of people, meaning lots of body warmth for us!" Kyubi smiled, splashing Lynx playfully.
"Aaaah! Don't do that!"
"It's only about of water!"
"Ooooooh! Lynx, lets play volleyball!" Skye squealed happily.
  She grabbed Lynx and Kyubi and started to pull them towards the empty pitch and they started to swim faster to get there quickly. Lynx also noticed that Zoey and Brite had just come in from the gate. They possibly left a note giving a general idea of who was allowed in because they left the gate unlocked.
  Yonder ran over to the three, who had just realised that they needed a fourth player in order to make it a fair 2v2 game.
"Hey, can I join?" Yonder asked.
"We actually just realised that we needed a fourth, so go ahead!" Lynx exclaimed.
"Thanks. Drift, I'm on your team!"
"OK then, good luck guys!" Kyubi smiled.
"Good luck!" Skye and Lynx told then as they walked to their side of the pitch.
  Yonder was first to serve. He threw the ball into the air and hit it in Skye's direction. She was able to hit it, but Lynx was the one who helped her by hitting it over. Yonder saved it in the nick of time and sent the ball Lynx's way. Lynx wanted to hit it to Kyubi to see who missed more shots, so she could go for them. So she did, and Kyubi missed it, but Yonder saved it barely yet again. Lynx knew she had to aim for Kyubi when Skye missed the ball and Kyubi and Yonder scored their first point.
"First to five points?" Yonder asked.
"Sure." Lynx shouted, and then added to Skye, "Aim at Kyubi, Yonder's too good for him to miss a shot!"
"Hey!" Kyubi shouted.
"Sorry!"
"Got it, I'm serving so I'll do that now." Skye told Lynx.
  Skye hit the ball high into the air and Kyubi instantly missed the shot. Yonder lunged for the ball but missed it by the skin of his teeth. 1-1 was the current score.
  Kyubi served and there were lots of successful hits, ended by a shot from Lynx that went out, giving Yonder and Kyubi their second point. They were almost halfway there.
"Too bad!" Skye sighed as Kyubi picked up the ball to serve again.
"I'll try harder." Lynx told her.
  Or so she thought. Within five or six minutes, or what seemed like hours for Lynx, the score was 4-2 to Kyubi and Yonder. They couldn't let them score another point, or it would be game over. Lynx was worried, but she had to try. For Skye. She was serving anyway.
  Lynx hit the ball up as high as she could and then it inbetween Kyubi and Yonder, and Kyubi hit back. Skye launched it with all her power to the right.
"Why did you do that?!" Lynx gasped.
"The wind!" Skye giggled as Kyubi and Yonder didn't even try and stop the ball as the wind blew it into the pitch.
  Two more points and they would win, and with Yonder's skill they'd have to be quite lucky. Yonder scoffed as he shot the ball fast at Lynx. Skye knew Lynx may miss, so she launched herself at the ball too and they both hit and the wind made Kyubi confused and he missed again.
Somehow they were neck and neck again. 4-4. Next point wins. Kyubi and Yonder looked at the ball. Kyubi gave the ball to Yonder and let him serve, because he was better. Yonder jumped higher than he ever had before and sent the ball flying high. The wind made it move in all sorts of directions. Lynx jumped and barely touched the ball.
  The ball hit the top of the net and bounced... and again... and again... and then it fell to Kyubi and Yonder's side. Lynx and Skye had won! They jumped up and high fixed.
Yonder fell to his knees, "Awwwwww!"
"Oh well. GG you two." Kyubi shook Lynx's hand.
"GG." Lynx smiled.
  They all smiled and then Skye's phone buzzed. She looked at it in a puzzled way and then looked at Lynx.
"Can I see you a moment, Lynx?" Skye asked.
"Sure. What is it?" Lynx asked puzzled.
  Skye showed Lynx the screen of her phone. It was a message from Midas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Midas: Hey Skye!
Skye: Yooooo! What is it?
Midas: Skye, stop fooling around, this is serious.
Skye: Go on then.
Midas: The Agency has fallen. Get here now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...

...But not in this book! Sequel coming soon! Anyway, this chapter is 2000 WORDS OMG! If you enjoyed what is definitely the final chapter of Fortnite: Spies, vote and follow me if you want to check out the prequel and the soon to be released sequel! Have a good day/night and byeeeee! :)