Chapter 21: The Preparations Begin

Lynx's POV

  Lynx arrived in Midas' office, where he stood with Meowscles and Kit. Meowscles was sleeping and Kit was playing with his tail. Midas just stood there, looking at Lynx.
"You can leave the group whenever." Midas sighed.
"Do it." Meowscles hissed.
"Quiet. Let her decide for herself. It's her own decision."
"What do you mean?" Lynx asked.
"Doomsday. You think it's wrong. You can leave."
"I never said that. Is this the only reason you summoned me here?"
"Yes. What is wrong about Doomsday, then?"
"The way you're going about it. Kidnapping. Testing. Secrecy. Lies. Deadpool has gone again and you don't seem to care."
"I'll tell you where he is."
"I doubt it."
"Shadow has him. I asked him to do something and he hasn't come back. They tried to block our information from getting here, but we got it loud and clear."
"What was the information?"
"Shadow has something to do with the loop."
"No! I thought Shadow was gone!"
"From this island. There are ten islands nearby, all of which are being ruled by either Ghost or Shadow."
"I just remembered something Toxin told me."
"What is it?"
"'I will never let you forget'... That's what she told me. She also said that I was neglecting my destiny."
"Further proving my theory."
"We need to tell Jules and Skye."
"We can, in fact I called a meeting in my room in ten minutes."
"Are you not worried about Meowscles hearing this?"
"No. He knows about the loop and Kit thinks I'm crazy."
"Should we get going?"
"I think we should."
  When Midas and Lynx arrived in Midas' room, Jules was sat at her desk, doing a speech over the intercom, like the disembodied voice that had been in the intercom before.
"Hi." she smiled as she ended the speech.
"Hey, honey!" Midas kissed her cheek.
"I came early for the meeting." Lynx waved.
"Wonderful! Take a seat on the edge on the bed and I'll remind myself what we have to tell you and Skye." Jules pointed at the bed.
"Hai hai!" Skye sang as she walked in.
"Lock the door." Midas gestured.
"Sure."
"Where shall we begin?" Jules asked.
"Well, I want to show you two something that Jules created." Midas pointed to a oblong shaped box covered by a cloth.
  Jules pulled down the cloth to reveal a sort of suit inside of a glass cabinet. The helmet reminded Lynx of The Device behind the blacked out wall. The purple colours reminder her of the storm; a thing that the four of them and Deadpool hoped to destroy.
"It's... a costume?" Skye voiced, confused.
"It is. You see, someone has to go inside of The Device to control it, but the energy it radiates would simply erase us from existence. But I'm going to go into the suit and it will protect me." Midas explained, "But I'll need you three to defend me and The Device until I can destroy the storm. It'll take ten minutes, tops."
"So it's not a costume?"
"What do you think?"
"I think it is."
"It isn't! But, if it does survive The Device, then I guess I could use it like that."
"I see. And we put the plan into action tomorrow?" Lynx guessed.
"At 7pm precisely."
"Great. Skye, I think we should get some rest."
"Yeah. See ya, Midas!" Skye waved.
"Goodbye. Have a good sleep." Midas nodded.
"Bye guys!" Jules waved frantically.
  Lynx and Skye walked out of the room and they heard Midas lock the door to his room. Skye grabbed Lynx's shoulder.
"Now why did you really want to leave?" Skye asked.
"I want to tell you something." Lynx sighed.
"What is it?"
"I'm sorry I lied to you before."
"It's fine."
"I'll see you soon."
"OK. Bye."
  Skye left. Lynx was worried- had she made a mistake with Midas? Was this Doomsday idea really going to save her and everyone else?

To be continued...

Oof short chapter. No seriously it's 650 words long. Next chapter will be longer, I promise! Vote if you enjoyed and follow if you want to check out my other stuff! Until next time, bye! ;)