• CHAPTER EIGHT •

Madeline woke up feeling much better and received a message from Tom

Hey good morning love, do you maybe want to go watch a movie together? Just the two of us :) -T

She smiled happily , loving the idea and replied

That's sounds wonderful - M

Well then meet me at the old spot ,What do you say about two? Oh and any movie you fancy in watching ? -T

Oh Tom please stop being a gentlemen, that's what makes me fall for you ,you thought to yourself

Nothing special in mind , we'll decide when we get there and two sounds good :) - M

Great! I'll see you then -T

She lazily sat up and fixed her hair before going to the living room where Loki seems to be still asleep, curling himself into a ball with the blankets wrapped around him tightly. She went to the kitchen and made some coffee to start her day but heard a loud thud , her head spun and raised an eyebrow, walking to the living room to see what happened, and all she saw was Loki curling and twisting on the floor, quickly, she rushed to his aid and he was pale , very pale and sweating a lot! "Oh gods Loki? Loki!" She called helping him up only receiving moans of pain in reply "tell me what's wrong , what's hurting?" She asking hurriedly but only the word "help.." Came forcefully from his dry mouth , Madeline placed her hand on his forehead and he was having a fever "it's ok Loki, we're going to the hospital now" then without another second she carried him outside with all her might with his arm around her , she managed to get in a cab and rushed to the hospital. Madeline was very worried and carried him with tears "help! Someone !" The doctors heard her pleading call and came rushing in , helping him in a room where they forbid her to go in with them , and all she could do was wait outside as she paced back and forth outside their room...

The doctors finally came out and Madeline shot up from she sat "Is he alright doctor ? What happened to him? " she quickly rushed "he's alright now miss , he just had a fever and now he's resting , you could go in now if you want, just call for the nurses if you need any help" the doctor smiled and left , leaving her rushing into Loki's room where he is asleep peacefully, she sighed in relieve and sat next to his bed. Madeline remember her date with Tom and realised she never told Tom what happened, she fumbled out her phone and realised she had 8 missed calls from Tom!! She quickly called him back
"Hello?"
"Hey Tom it's me , I'm so sorry, something happened , that's why I couldn't come"
"Something happened! Ar-are you hurt?" Tom quickly asked worriedly
"Tom I'm fine, it's um my friend, he had a bad fever , I might be staying here a little longer.. I'm sorry I couldn't come today Tom , I really am" she said softly, feeling guilty.
"Well things happen and it's alright love , as long as you're not hurt " he said
"Ok, well I have to go now, see you at school?" You said
"See you at school" he replied
And the phone call ended, that's when Loki moaned softly and his eyes fluttered open "what happened?" He asked dryly , she poured him a cup of water and offered it to him "you're in the hospital, in your world , the healers , you had a fever , and I was worried .. So here you are " she explained with a smile , Loki nodded, his eyes wandering around and she handed him some meds , again she explained what they are and he took it.
"You'll be staying here for two days just to make sure you're fine before you leave" she said picking up her bag before she leave , but Loki caught your wrist "no!..do-" "it's ok Loki, I'm just bringing you some clothes for tomorrow, I'll be staying here with you tonight" she said softly smiling , he hesitated but nodded and let go.

An hour later she came back with a small bag with Loki's clothes she brought and found Tom standing in the front door , he saw her and waved frantically , rushing towards her "Tom?" she asked surprised "hey Maddie! I thought maybe you needed some help" he smiled already helping her with her bags which aren't heavy at all and walked in. They both took the elevator and talked along the way , he mentioned about her disappearing at prom night but she quickly changed the subject. Arriving at Loki's room, he was reading and didn't turn to look at them until ..."Loki this is erm..Tom, my friend. Tom this is Loki my uh..my friends brother and current housemate " she said , Tom reached his hand for a handshake but Loki only glared at him and continued his book , she whispered in Tom's ear "he's ..not much of a talker" and tom nodded with a understanding look on his face. "Madeline? Do you mind bringing me some water" Loki asked his eyes still on the book "uh sure " she said and that's when she left, but that's the biggest mistake she made yet..