Knives

Pietro POV
Pietro sped towards the address Tony had sent him. He hadn't known Peter for long, but he felt a connection towards the innocent bean. The entire team did.

Entering the apartment, Pietro saw a woman passed out on the couch, most likely drunk. He scrunched up his nose at the smell of alcohol in the room. He moved on to what looked like a bedroom.

The room definitely belonged to a teenage boy, cluttered and covered with posters and homework. What really caught his attention though was the small trail of blood leading to the bathroom. Pietro was horrified by what he saw in there.

A small boy was laying on the tiled floor, small drops of blood coming from the cut on his head. Bruises covered his arms and the part of his legs Pietro could see, and he had a nasty bruise on his cheekbone.

The speedster quickly picked up the boy after alerting his team that he had been found. He began running out of the apartment, not before cursing out the sleeping woman in Russian, of course.

Once he was back at the tower, he ran Peter into the med bay where the team was waiting. Bruce quickly took the curly haired boy and brought him into the room.

The team began attacking the silver headed man with questions.

"Is he ok?"

"Did you kill her?"

"Can I kill her?"

"How many people do you think would notice her missing?"

"Was he conscious when you found him?"

"How bad would it hurt if someone accidentally fell out of one of their windows?"

"Shut up!" Pietro yelled, his accent coming through. "The demon lady is still alive, though I don't plan on it staying that way for long. And no one is allowed to kill her without my help."

The team nodded, and Nat went back to sharpening her 'personal vendetta' knives. Just in case.

The Avengers started murmuring anxiously amongst themselves, hoping that the boy in the hospital room would be ok. Their hopes were answered when Bruce exited.

"He's awake."