✽ 01. Curious

"Are you awake?" and [name] hummed in response then as she sat up in her futon. Reaching her hands out as she knew her older brother was right next to her futon. A smile appeared on her face as she felt his large warm hands grabbing hold of her small delicate ones and pulled her up.

"You're home, nii-san," she spoke out and soon felt Gyomei's large hand on her head and he patted it gently then, a soft smile graced his face although none of them could see how each other looked like.

"Welcome home," she whispered out as she soon wrapped her older brother in a tight hug from the neck and Gyomei could only softly chuckle as he placed his large hands on [name]'s back and gave her a gentle pat.

How long has it been ever since [name] started to grow up? Started to walk, started to talk. Gyomei couldn't remember but he was glad that [name] was safe, and here she is now. A demon slayer, but a special one indeed.

She then heard the sound of someone training and she could only tilt her head a little as she looked towards outside, where the warmth was radiating from.

"Is Shinazugawa-san training again?" [name] asked, and Gyomei hummed in response then. She then noticed Gyomei standing up and didn't bother to wait for her to release herself from the hug, only to feel his muscular arm beneath her as he held her in place.

Carrying her with just an arm.

Gyomei then walked out of the room with [name] and soon stood at the patio right where Shinazugawa Sanemi, the Wind Hashira, was training. Sanemi then stopped as he dropped his wooden sword and turned to look at Gyomei and [name].

"Good morning, [name]," he spoke out, and [name] slowly lifted her tiny hand and waved at him.

"Do I have any missions today?" [name] asked as she turned to face the direction of where Gyomei's breathing came from and heard the soft 'no' coming from her older brother's mouth. She then hummed in response once more as she leaned forward and rested her chin upon Gyomei's broad shoulder.

"She's really just a kid," Sanemi spoke out.

"She is a child. The same age as Tokito," Gyomei answered and Sanemi could only sigh a little then at how protective Gyomei was when it comes to [name].

"Yes, I know, Himejima-san. You've been saying that ever since I told her off for blocking my way when I didn't realize she was blind as well," Sanemi spoke out.

"That means I can stay in my room," [name] mumbled out and Gyomei soon turned and retreated back to her room, gently placing her down onto her futon once more. He then took a seat beside her and [name] could only then sit with her legs in the form of a 'W'.

"I'll be going to the annual Hashira meeting today," he spoke out and placed a large hand on [name]'s head, which she then leaned into his touch. He then noticed [name]'s body bending forward a little more and felt her head resting against his lap.

"You seem to have a lot on your mind, [name]," Gyomei spoke out and [name] could only hum in response as she continued to look into nothing but darkness.

"I'm just curious," she whispered out, and Gyomei understood what she was curious about. He could only then mumble soft prayers, hoping one day that God would listen to his prayers and allow [name] to see the beautiful colors she had been so curious about.

"Caw! Caw! The annual Hashira Meeting will commence soon! Please make your way towards the meeting point! Himejima Gyomei, Shinazugawa Sanemi! Move! Move!" the crows started to announce as they fluttered around the estate where [name] resided together with Gyomei and Sanemi.

"That's fucking fast," Sanemi muttered out only to slap his hand over his mouth as Gyomei turned towards his direction, realizing that he had cursed in front of [name] who was nothing but a pure angel in Gyomei's heart.