✽ 10. Eyes

"Ah? Senjuro! You're here again," Shinobu spoke out with a smile as Senjuro was seen walking through the Butterfly Estate, heading to a particular room he had always managed to visit every day. Senjuro then smiled at the former Insect Hashira who then patted him gently on the head as well and soon watched as he took his leave, heading towards the room once more.

"How long has it been since he has been coming over nonstop?" Aoi asked Kanao who then tilts her head a little as she started to count in her head, trying to remember then.

"Around 8 months?" she spoke out and Aoi could only then sigh a little then as she heard shouting coming from the room where Tanjiro resided in with his friends.

Senjuro soon stood in front of the room and slowly slid open the door. He wasn't surprised then to see that Gyomei and Sanemi were present in the room, and there laid [name] who hasn't woken up ever since the final battle.

"Yo, Senjuro. What color are you going to tell [name] about today?" Sanemi asked as he ushered the chair closer to the bed where [name] laid in and motioned for the younger Rengoku to settle down then. Senjuro then flipped through his book and showed it to Sanemi, and Sanemi could only chuckle as he gently ruffled him on the head.

"Good morning, [name]!" Senjuro said in an enthusiastic voice and Gyomei along with Sanemi could only chuckle softly then as Senjuro was excited to tell [name] stories until she wakes up.

"What's the color of love? Do you remember asking me that?" he asked. 

"Senjuro, please tell me what's the color of love," and Senjuro could only smile softly then as he held [name]'s hands out and bend her fingers, allowing her to create a shape then. Her blind eyes could only then continue to stare at her hands, and Senjuro started to speak.

"You told me that when Kanroji-san explained to you, you couldn't imagine it at all. Honestly, I wanted to tell you then, that love although it is represented by a color, it was more of a feeling," Senjuro spoke out and Sanemi could only wonder then.

How can someone as young as him, be much more mature than an Uzui Tengen?

"I remember telling you then, the color of love differs for everybody. And I even asked what would you think the color of love would be for you? You answered me that whatever color represents me, will be the color of love for you," Senjuro spoke out as he started to fold paper hearts then.

He then noticed how quietly Gyomei and Sanemi were trying to be as they tried to leave the room without getting noticed, only to have Gyomei bumping his head on the top of the door frame and Sanemi had to stop himself from bursting out in waves of laughter.

Senjuro then gently grabbed hold of [name]'s delicate hand that was warm to the touch. He slowly placed it against his face then and he let out a soft sigh soon enough.

"Please wake up soon, I want to hear your voice and see you smile. It's painful watching you lay there without moving or talking to me," Senjuro whispered out as he gently used his thumb to caress the back of [name]'s hand.

"It's weird, not feeling the earthquakes as well every day," he mumbled out.

"I miss you," he added on and soon continued to fold the paper hearts once more.

-

Senjuro smiled as he walked down the busy streets of the town that he lived close by with his older brother. It was the New Year and the place was bustling with people. Watching them walk around with a smile on their face, not afraid of being attacked by demons. For they trusted them fully after they had announced the next day after the final battle, that demons no longer existed.