✽ 03. Smile

Kamado Tanjiro could only feel at peace when he could feel [name] holding onto his haori then as he continued to support the Flame Hashira together with his friends back towards the Demon Slayer Corps although the kakushis said they would be able to do so. Soon the entrance of the headquarters appeared, and Tanjiro noticed Senjuro was standing there, waiting for their return.

His eyes widened when he saw the terrible state his older brother was in and quickly ran towards him. Kyojuro then chuckled heartily as he tried to assure his younger brother that he was indeed alright, only to start coughing out blood.

Tanjiro then noticed how [name] had let go of his haori and took off running then. He then looked forward and that's when he noticed that [name] was running up to the Stone Hashira, Himejima Gyomei, who was waiting for her return.

And somehow, he felt a little afraid then. Given how tall and bulky Gyomei was compared to his size as well. He watched as Gyomei easily picked [name] up in his arms and held her dearly in his arms then.

"How was the mission?" he asked.

"Encountered Akaza, Upper Moon Three," she mumbled out and Gyomei could only then hum in response as Kyojuro was soon brought forward as well. [name] then leaned her head against Gyomei's shoulder then and soon Gyomei noticed how Senjuro was tugging on his haori.

"Uh... Thank you... For saving my brother, I'm very grateful for that," Senjuro spoke out and he watched as [name]'s pink-tinted lips curled up into a smile then as she soon raised a handout, trying to find Senjuro's head.

"She's trying to find your head," Gyomei explained as he soon squats down as well and placed [name] on his knee instead, letting her sit on it, and eventually she found Senjuro's head. The smile continued to remain on her face as she then ruffled it slightly.

"Thank you for appreciating my help. It means a lot to me," [name] spoke, and Senjuro could only then watch as his heart pounded hard against his chest then. How delicate [name]'s voice was and soon watched as Gyomei stood up straight once more and carried [name] towards the Butterfly Estate to check on her wounds.

"Nii-san, are you going on a mission again?" [name] asked as she noticed Gyomei was leaving the room he had placed her in. She then felt his large warm hand on her head then, and she could only slowly lift her hands up and grabbed hold of the large hand, and held it in place.

"Yes, I've got another mission to attend to. Shinazugawa should be training at the estate," Gyomei spoke out and [name] hummed in response then as she lets go of her older brother's hand and soon his presence was no longer in the room.

"OH MY GOD, [NAME]-SAMA!" Aoi's voice was heard as she cried out the moment she saw the terrible state [name] was in as well. She then quickly ushered [name] onto the hospital bed and quickly attended to her wounds, just as Sanemi was about to enter, only to be shoved to aside by none other than Kocho Shinobu.

Aoi quickly removed her uniform and started to treat her wounds. Soon in came Shinobu whose eyes then widened at the state [name] was in. She thought Kyojuro's wounds were bad, but looking at [name]'s bloodied head and stomach, she grew worried.

"Ow," [name] mumbled out when the medicine came in contact with her wound and she could only shift in pain then. Shinobu then noticed how [name] was trying to reach out to grab something, then she quickly motioned for Sanemi to head over to her side.

"I'm here," he spoke out and [name] quickly grabbed hold of his hand in her tiny ones as she continued to wince at the pain emitting through her body. Sanemi could only watch then as tears escaped [name]'s eyes, which was similar to Gyomei's.