✽ 02. Different

There were pros and cons of living with the Himejima siblings. But the cons were definitely that Shinazugawa Sanemi tends to wake up to the ground trembling violently. He sighed as he sat up, the dust on the ceiling, and rafts started to trickle down. He looked around and scowled, knowing well enough that Gyomei was out on a mission.

So that left with [name].

He flung his covers to aside as he stood up, opening the door that led to the patio and soon walked along with it. And there he saw [name] near towards where a special training ground was built for her. Where large boulders were seen along with smaller rocks and pebbles.

He watched as she wore her demon slayer uniform. The way she started to move as she started to easily levitate the stones and propelled them forward by punching forward.

A special girl indeed.

He watched as she places her hands onto the ground and lifts them up in a fast motion, where the earth was brought up in blocks. He then continued to watch as she manages to launch them forward, only for the earth to disappear and crumble to the ground for she didn't want to break anything.

Then he noticed she turned to look at his direction. He sighed as he walked down from the patio after slipping on his footwear and walked to where she was as she had her arms stretched out. He knew she could tell he was there. He then walked and stood in front of her, with an arm across his chest as he used his free hand then, placing a finger against her forehead.

"Good morning, Shinazugawa-san," she spoke out, and Sanemi hummed in response.

"Have you eaten your breakfast before your training?" he asked and noticed how she had kept quiet. Living with the Himejima siblings for quite some time, he understood those times when [name] didn't answer, and her answers would often be a simple 'no' then.

"Breakfast, now," he spoke out and [name] could only quietly follow him back to the estate as he summoned the kakushi to help prepare breakfast for them. They then settled on the patio just as the kakushi started to run towards them with their breakfast in his hands and set it upon the wooden floor.

"[NAME]! ARE YOU AWAKE?!" and Sanemi scowled as [name] got frightened by the sudden loud booming and enthusiastic voice of the Flame Hashira, causing her to drop her bowl of soup and create a mess. He then sighed as the kakushi quickly came over with a cloth and started to clean the area, just as Kyojuro appeared then.

"[NAME]! YOU'RE AWAKE!" and [name] covered her ears as she slowly turned towards the direction of where Kyojuro's voice was heard. She could feel the walking footsteps and the warmth radiating from the Flame Hashira as he squats in front of her and placed a warm hand on her head.

"You've got a mission with me, we're leaving before the sun sets," Kyojuro spoke out and [name] could only nod in response then, unaware of the beaming smile that Kyojuro had on his face. He then noticed how [name] was having her breakfast and noticed the spillage.

"Ah, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you," he apologized, only to have [name] shaking her head in response. She then turned, wanting to continue with her breakfast, only to notice that the tray of food was taken away.

"Uh?" [name] mumbled out as she placed her hand out and tried to find the tray by placing her hand on the floor and moving about, only to frown when there's nothing at all. She then heard a chuckle and she pouts in response as she lifted her head up.

"Shinazugawa-san, I'm going to tell nii-san about you bullying me again," [name] mumbled out and Sanemi could only place the tray down carefully in front of her. She then scrunched her nose up in response as she felt around for the chopstick and soon tried to pick out the food, only to tilt her head in confusion.