✽ 08. Reluctant

Sanemi sighed as he leaned against the door of [name]'s room and he watched. Senjuro was accompanying [name] once more for her training was now officially over and she needed to conserve her energy as much as possible.

He watched as Senjuro was reading a book to [name], occasionally explaining to her the random colors that would appear in the book. He could only sigh then as he continued to look at how innocent their love was.

Occasionally he would watch as [name] lift her hand up and Senjuro who didn't look up from the book he was reading to her, would just grab hold of her hand and place it back down, afraid that she might accidentally use her natural talent and drain her energy.

It was as if Sanemi was the father and watching his own daughter bonding with her boyfriend.

"Senjuro," Sanemi called out as he ruffled his now short white hair and walked into [name]'s room then. Senjuro then stopped reading and placed the book down, as [name] soon sat up from laying down on Senjuro's lap. [name] then felt Sanemi's rough hand on her head then ruffling it slightly.

"Let's have dinner together," Sanemi said with a smile and Senjuro slowly nodded his head then.

"With your father too, we will have dinner at the Rengoku estate," Sanemi added on and Senjuro's eyes widened then at the sudden invitation of having dinner at his very own humble home.

"Okay, I'll get going now first. I need to prepare the food," Senjuro spoke out and quickly stood up. Sanemi then chuckled as Senjuro gathered his stuff he had brought over and quickly took off running then. He then sighed and looked at [name] whose hair was in a slight mess.

Grabbing hold of the comb from the dressing table then, he proceeded to comb through her long black locks then. And soon felt [name]'s small delicate hands reaching out and holding onto his uniform.

"Why did you lie to him, Shinazugawa-san?" [name] asked, and Sanemi could only sigh.

"He was reluctant to let you go into battle. I'm sure you know," he whispered out, and [name] slowly nodded her head then a sigh escaped her lips then as she slowly tilts her head upwards as Sanemi combed through her ponytail now.

"Let's just go and have dinner with them, and then we will leave it as it is. Okay?" Sanemi spoke out and [name] hummed in response then.

"What about nii-san?" [name] spoke out and Sanemi could only sigh then.

"Himejima-san has gone to Oyakata-sama's side first. Everybody is preparing right now, and we will head over to Oyakata-sama's side the moment we are done with the meal," Sanemi explained, and [name] nodded her head then and soon Sanemi left her alone to let her change into her demon slayer uniform.

She sighed, a little sad then that she would be going into battle. But being a demon slayer, one must put their life on the line to ensure that there would be a world without the existence of demons.

"Are you done changing?" Sanemi called out.

"I'm having trouble with the white belt," [name] spoke out as she started to frown as she didn't manage to hook the belt at all. Sanemi then opened the door once more and he went in, standing by her side and he turned her then.

"Sanemi-nii-san," and Sanemi's pale purple eyes widened then when [name] called him in such a way. He then slowly looked up to her face then and noticed how her pink-tinted lips were curled up into a soft smile.

"Fuck. You're calling me that as if it's going to be the last time we are seeing each other," he muttered out and [name] could only laugh then as Sanemi grabbed hold of her tiny hand in his and proceeded to guide her out of the room then.