✽ 07. Mesmerized

[name] tilts her head a tad bit too much that she ended up leaning onto Gyomei's lap instead as she was in the presence of Oyakata-sama. Although, the leader didn't mind her behavior at all. Finding it adorable as well, and Gyomei had given up in telling [name] to sit up properly in the presence of their great leader.

After all, when her body was tired, she needs to lie down.

"With that said, Gyomei, [name] need not participate in the Hashiras training, but she would be doing her own form of training to heighten her powers and aid us in the upcoming battle," Oyakata-sama spoke out as he laid upon his futon.

Clearly, the curse getting worst as the days go by.

"I understand, Oyakata-sama. I'll ensure that [name] will be able to exceed her limits," Gyomei spoke out as he gently patted [name] on the head then. Oyakata-sama then smiled as Gyomei left with [name] holding his hand, and he could only softly chuckle then as his daughters came over to attend to him.

"A special girl, as always," he whispered out and his daughters could only hum in response.

"She plays the key role in aiding the upcoming battle," Oyakata-sama spoke out.

[name] soon was easily carried by Gyomei then, given how she was staggering a little as her body was tired. After all, she had just finished a three-day-long mission and have yet to properly rest her body as well.

"Wow, you're pissing me off..." [name] heard Sanemi's voice as Gyomei had walked out of the room where Oyakata-sama had a small meeting with them. She felt Gyomei stopped walking and she was soon placed down, somewhere near the patio as she could feel the warmth of the sunlight.

"You said the same thing before, Tomioka," Sanemi spoke out once more, and [name] tried to grab hold of Gyomei, only to notice that he wasn't beside her anymore. Deciding that staying put would be the best then. After all, they just ended a short meeting with Amane as well in regards to the Demon Slayer Marks.

"As I said, I'm not like any of you," Giyuu spoke out and [name] started to walk then, trying to find where Giyuu was standing. Eventually, she heard his breathing and her tiny hands reached out and grabbed hold of his hand.

"Hold it dammit!" Sanemi yelled.

"Tomioka-san, you're leaving out a lot of details. Please just tell us why,"

"Ow!" [name] cried out and Giyuu held onto [name] then as Sanemi had lunged forward in a hasty manner and didn't notice [name] at all, hitting her on the head with his nichirin blade that was still in its cover. [name]'s hands immediately went up and placed it on the top of her head and she started to cry a little.

The earth trembled and Sanemi paled when he felt a heavy presence right behind him. He turned to look and noticed Gyomei was right behind him then, with his two large hands placed together. He watched as the gentle giant started to mumble a prayer, and he was soon smacked on the back of his head.

"Are you okay, [name]?" Giyuu asked as he continued to hold [name] in his arm and he used his free hand to help rub against the bruise that had formed on the top of her head. Shinobu then quickly ran to where [name] was and inspected the injury.

"Shinazugawa-san, you're terribly violent when it comes to your emotions," Shinobu spoke out as she tried to soothe [name]'s cries then.

"What happened?" Amane's voice was heard and she noticed [name] was crying. She was wondering why there was a small earthquake and knew that it was related to [name]'s cries as well.

"Amane-sama, everything is fine. Please have your rest, we will handle it," Gyomei spoke out and Amane soon took her leave once more as [name] had stopped crying. Sanemi then rubbed the top of his head, wincing a little as he too got a bruise as well. He then sighed and walked over to where [name] was and gathered her in his arms.