Meet Sibu

Chapter 1: True

I once watched a movie called DUFF it was stupid as hell but it tapped into my most deepest insecurities when it comes to my friendships. Wait let me first explain what a Duff is; Designated. Ugly. Fat. Friend. You don't necessarily have to be fat but you are the least attractive friend. When people see you with your friends they always wonder why they are friends with you. I'm not ugly I am a solid 8, I have a nice body because I played tennis and netball but I am not thin I am a size 36 and I am okay with that. My friends on the other hand are solid 10, Khayakazi looks like Draya Michele and Lihle is as tall as Naomi Campbell with a face like Mihlali Ndamase. I also always wondered why they hung out with me in high school, and in Varsity I was sure we were going our separate ways but we all moved to Cape town they returned to PE after graduating. I remained behind for my internship but I hate Cape Town, so I went home to PE too.

"Busi, let's go"

My friends Khayakazi and Lihle are always rushing me. Kay and I worked together as estate agents, while Lihle worked with Uhuru, she is a Broker and he is an Auditor. She is the one who hooked me up with him, two years later she still managers to remind me of this. She says I am like Meghan Markle and Uhuru is Prince Harry. I kid you not hahaha.

Me"Coming!"

I shouted back, I quickly wore heels then grabbed my make up bag then my bag.

Lihle"We will be late"

Me"No we won't, this is PE an art exhibition will start when people actually arrive"

Kay"that's rude"

Me"But true"

"Let me grab an apple then we can all go"

Kay"No! Stop delaying us"

Me"When I faint, remember I am not wearing good underwear so you'll be responsible for all that embarrassment "

She laughed

Kay"Alright"

I was wrong Lihle's brother pulled in the numbers, it was packed and a lot of people actually loved his work.

Lihle"Now we go and drink"

Me"Let me quickly text Uhuru then we can all go"

Kay"Don't ditch and he isn't allowed to join, it's just us today"

Me"I know, but I at least need to tell him my whereabouts"

Kay"Why?"

Lihle"That's what grown ups do you idiot"

She laughed at her then looked at me again.

Kay"Since when do you report your whereabouts?"

I shrugged

Me"It's the only thing he requires from me to know I am safe"

She laughed

Kay"Does he also report his whereabouts?"

Me"Don't start"

Like he knew what was happening, he called me.

Me"Hey babe"

Uhuru"Hey, I'm at your place"

Me"I was about to text you, I'm with Pinky and the Brain"

We both laughed, Lihle threw a piece of paper at me.

Uhuru"Thought we could chill indoors"

Me"I haven't seen my friends in a while, I'll sleep over at your place"