You mean the world to me

Chapter 18

Harvey's father passed away a exactly two weeks after my mother. He went through his own personal hell, we somehow found a way to keep things together even though were were both suffering. The day after his father's funeral he cried until he fell asleep, I think it had just sunk in and I comforted him holding back my own tears. There seemed to be a dark cloud cast over us and things got worse, we were tested in ways that were unimaginable. His children hated me for always being with their father, I wanted to run but he held me and told me "this is just temporary". We worked through that and his kids came around again, each problem we conquered it together as a team and I fell in love with him even more. A week before our wedding, we were in bed after a long day.

Me" Have you written your vows?"

Harvey"You doubt me young lady"

I laughed

Me"Well a little"

He jumped out if bed then grabbed his phone, played Freya Ridings_ You Mean The World To Me.

Harvey"Dance with me"

We slow danced, with my head on his chest. This felt right, I belonged with him.

Harvey"The first day I met you, I knew I wanted to fall in love with you. I was ready to risk everything just to hold you and tell you about my day, I wanted to hear you complain about your day to me. I wanted to be the reason you smile and laugh. I knew at that moment I wanted to be part of your world, I fell in love with you the day I met you and I have been falling deeper each day. You have taught me so much and I have never met anyone like you. You took the darkness and brought light into my life, you made me believe in love again. I don't know a lot of things but I know I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. However lo g that may be, I am honoured to have been loved by someone like you. You are my life, you are the reason I can't wait to wake up and get home because when I see your face I believe there is a God. I love you, I loved you then and I will love you when I die"

He kissed my forehead

"Those aren't even my vows, because when it comes to you, I can never stop talking. When it comes to the love I have for you words fail me, but rest assured, you are the woman I have been waiting for"

Me"Take off your clothes"

Tradition has to be one of the most important things in my life and I like routine, I think I have mentioned this before. My wedding date was on Mother's day, I wasn't keen on the idea first because this was the first Mothers day without my Mom. Harvey and I both wanted our wedding to be in the evening because that's when roof gardens look beautiful and since it was a small intimate wedding, we didn't go all out on groceries and all that unnecessary stuff.

Dad"Which one are we watching first?"

He made us breakfast like he would have done if my mother was still alive and we would watch movies.

Seko"Sisterhood of the traveling pants"

Dad"Azange ndathanda uxokiselwa mna, why do those jeans fit everyone? Ayenzi sense mani"

Seko and I laughed while waiting for the movie to start, if my mother was here, she would tell him to stop complaining and use his imagination.

Me"I promise we will watch Takers next"

Dad"Every year, the same promise, I will accept this lie because you are getting married today"

We watched 4 movies uninterrupted by anyone because everyone knew how important this is to us.

Dad"Niready?"

Me"Yea, I just miss her so much"

Dad"We all do, she is with us in spirit"