first day

Chapter 12

I looked at myself in the mirror for the 10th time, I don't know why I was so nervous. Harvey and I were going on our first official date, he didn't say where we are going and I feel like I am over dressed. I didn't want to call Kay or Lihle, I had to do this myself, I quickly changed my shoes and wore Nike sneakers.
Me"I look like a teenager"
I took off everything I was wearing and went through my closet again. I grabbed high waist mommy jeans and a black belt then threw them on the bed, I went back to my closet to look for a top. I finally decided on a plain off the shoulder top, then ran to grab my tan cut out ankle boots and a black Chanel studded shoulder bag.
Me"Jacket"
I ran back to my closet and took a black blazer. I finally left my house, driving to his place I was still nervous, and I decided to listen to Jhene Aiko's Comfort Inn Ending.

When I arrived it felt strange being in his house, we only met last week and we never kissed that day. I only agreed to this because I am a liker of things and because I have two best friends who can pursued the devil to buy his own horns.
Harvey"Uhm hello"
He was staring at me and that made me so nervous.
Me"I have clothes in the car, I can quickly change"
He didn't say anything, he just kept on looking at me.
"Harvey!!"
He snapped out of it and smiled.
Harvey"You were saying?"
Me"Should I change?"
Harvey"God no! You are so beautiful"
I always say affirmations are important to me in a relationship or friendship. I love being reminded, I love being hyped and I love assurance.
Me"Thank you"
"Can I come in? It's quite chilly"
He nodded, you guys this house screamed money. The aesthetic home decor, he is such a minimalist guy.
Me"Do we have time for to tour your home?"
Harvey"Yes, I would love to show you around"
Grey and White that was the theme of the house, the paintings blended in so well. The kitchen, I would never allow anyone in my kitchen if it looked anything like this. We went upstairs and I was still amazed, now my job has been selling homes and revamping them but we never did the whole minimal thing. I get an orgasm when I see homes like these.
Harvey"This is Michael's room"
"And Katey's room, their mother designed their rooms based on what they liked"
He got divorced 7 years ago, and he has two kids.
Me"Your home is beautiful"
Harvey"Thank you"
"Are you ready for our date?"
I nodded
Harvey"Let me make a call, then get my jacket"
I went back downstairs, I took a photo of his kitchen for Lihle because she loves these things naye.
Harvey"Can we take your car?"
I looked at him and smiled, he was wearing a black K-Way jacket.
Me"Yea, you can drive"
"I will control the music"

I thought he would be annoyed by my music, I played Kendrick Lamar's Money trees. This is my jam, I was rapping along.
Harvey"We are here"
He got out then came to open my door.
Me"What is happening?"
He smiled, a jet was waiting for us.
Harvey"You said you've never been to Durban"
"So I thought why not take you to Durban for our first date"
I laughed
Me"Are you being serious?"
He kissed my forehead
Harvey"I guess you'll have to trust me"
"Your car will be safe"
I just kept waiting for him to say this is a joke, when we took off I started to believe this was really happening. I kept on stealing glances, as he was busy on his laptop.
Harvey"This won't take long I promise"
I just nodded, I thought for sure ndiyaphupha apha.
Me"Is this yours?"
He smiled
Harvey"It belongs to Grant industries"
"Are you comfortable?"
I nodded
Me"Can I ask you are stupid question? "
I closed my eyes because I felt stupid for even asking this.
"Are you into that whole bondage crap? BDSM? Like Christian Grey?. Because this is way too similar and I am nothing like Anna"
He closed his laptop then offered another boyish smile.
Harvey"You mentioned you love the movie, I decided to watch it and by the way I find it stupid. I did however love the idea of you and I going to another city for our first date"
Me"And BDSM?"
He laughed
Harvey"Sadly no, is that your thing?"
Me"Fuck no!"
"I was scared you would want a submissive girlfriend"
Harvey"I like my women opinionated"
Me"Women you say"
Harvey"Its only you sweetheart"
I closed my eyes and the Butterflies just started moving in my stomach.

I have been on so many dates in my life but I have never had this much fun before, I felt like I could be my goofy self and Harvey still found me interesting. I didn't even flinch or try breathe in when he touched my stomach, my insecurities were nonexistent in this relationship. When I spoke he listened, he corrected me without being condescending. He listened when I told him about my dreams and he advised, he told me about his children but didn't force me to look at their pictures. Each time we kissed I felt like I finally found someone who makes me love the things I have always hated about myself.
Me"I think you'll break my heart"
He kissed me again, when he pulled himself away I put my head on his chest.
Harvey"If I break your heart it wouldn't be intentional, you are so beautiful, intelligent and funny. Did I mention sexy because you are so damn sexy! I want to show you off to the world"
"I want you to let your walls down, and allow me to love you the way you deserve to be loved"

Why am I crying?