The wedding

Chapter 14

Kay and Seko are getting married this weekend, when I say this is the event of the year I ain't even exaggerating. It took them two years to plan this weekend, they anticipated anything that can go wrong before it could even happen. I was suppose to be the maiden of honor, but we all decided on Lihle doing it because I didn't part of the grooms family.

Mom"Busi!!!"

She was acting like this is her wedding

Me"Hambani, I'll meet you phambali"

Mama"Don't be late Sibusisiwe"

Me"I am almost done, I am taking my car because I will need to fetch my partner"

Dad"Akana moto yakhe lomntu wakho?"

I laughed

Me"He does, but he doesn't know PE kakuhle. I told y'all he is from Cape Town"

Dad"Siyaphuma"

Me"Let me take a photo of you"

Dad"Not ngoku, later when everyone is with us"

Me"I will come to collect"

They finally left and I went back to my room, I wore a simple yellow spaghetti- straps open back mermaid dress and had my hair in a fishtail braided bun. I wore my shoes then put everything in my clutch bag, I grabbed my uggs too because I wasn't planning on wearing these heels all day that's for sure.

The wedding was beautiful obviously, Harvey and I were on our way to the reception area when we bumped into Uhuru. At this moment my mind played Jhene Aiko's Triggered hahaha.

Uhuru"Hey"

I wasn't surprised he was invited because he is Summer's father.

Me"Hey nawe"

"This is Uhuru"

Harvey knew exactly who he was when I said his name.

Harvey"Hello"

"Harvey Grant"

They had this awkward ass hand shake.

Uhuru"Your father told me you were here, it is nice to see you Sibu. You look good"

I noticed his ring finger, I wasn't shocked he was married and I knew exactly who married. I wasn't bothered by that shit, I just hope Summer is good in their home.

Me"Yea, I wouldn't miss Kay and Seko's wedding"

"Congratulations"

I said pointing to his finger

Uhuru"Thanks"

"I'm really glad you are okay Sibu...our past aside, what went down... It shouldn't have happened that way and I am sorry"

Before I could answer him, a little girl came running to him. Correction Summer came running towards to us.

Uhuru"It's her"

I smiled

Me"I know, she looks like you"

Summer reached us, she was shy, she his herself behind Uhuru's legs.

"She doesn't know you"

When he said that, no part of me wanted to cry or regret my decision. Seeing her look so beautiful however made me so happy, seeing how she has grown up that made me so proud of myself for never terminating. Did I want her to call me Mom or to know who I am? Nope, not even a little bit.