6. Pleads

Kayli's P.O.V.

I was lying on April's bed when my phone rang. I picked it up and answered.

"Hello?" I coughed.

"Kayli?" the guy answered. "It's Eric."

I sighed and sat up. Not this again. He had been calling every ten minutes, non-stop. Even though I was super pissed with him, my crush never went away. I had actually imagined having sex with him, but not getting pregnant. Weird.

"Eric, I-" I began.

"No, let me say something." he took a deep breath. "I want to be with you."

I fell silent. After the shock, I spoke again. "Eric, we hardly know each oth-"

"I know, but I felt like I've known you for a long time."

I laughed. "That's so cheesey."

He laughed too. "It sounded better in my head." Then he turned serious again, "I want to raise the baby with you."

I thought long and hard for something to say. This was a shocker. I was thinking of giving the baby up for adoption but by the way Eric sounded almost made me cry. He wants to raise the baby with you! My heart was beating so fast I was afraid it was gonna burst out of my chest.

"Hello?" he started to panic, "Are you there?"

"Ya, I'm still here." I took a deep breath. "Yes."

"Yes what?" I could imagine the confusion on his face. I tried not to laugh.

"Yes. . . I'll raise the baby with you."

"Great!" He shouted so loud I had to take my ear away from the phone. "One more thing. . ."

"What?"

"I think April's out to get me. And Alexander."

Anger burned through me. "What did they do?"

When I asked them what had happened, they kept saying "Nothing" and stuff along that line. But April has never been able to fool me when she was trying to lie.

"They just threatened if I didn't stay away from you they'd do certain things."

I let out an irritated sigh. I knew they were just looking out for me and were being good friends but did they have to threaten him?

"I'll talk to them."

We said goodbye and just before I hung up, he said "I really like you."

I smiled "I really like you too."

I hung up and lay down on the pillow. Just before I was about to fall asleep, April walked into the room with toast and a glass of water.

"Hi Kayls." she smiled and placed the food on the bedside table. "How you feeling?"

"Bloated," I bit my lip in thought. "and pregnant."

She smiled and sat down on the bed. "Have you thought about giving the baby up to adoption?"

I remembered the conversation I had with Eric. How happy he'd been when I agreed we should raise our child. "Yes," I then shook my head. "I don't want to give the baby up."

"Kayli," she sighed. "You can't raise it on your own."

"But I won't" I disargreed. "I'll have you and. . . . Eric."

"Eric?" She stiffened. "I wouldn't put your hopes up on that."

"He said he would."

She looked over at my phone. I saw a flash of anger on her face. "He called you?"

"Yeah," I hesitated, "He wants to be with me and the baby."

Shock formed on he face. "He does?"

I nodded.

"Do you want to?" she asked. "To be with him?"

"Yes," I smiled. "Yes, I do."

Eric's P.O.V.

I needed to see Kayli. After our little talk on the phone, I was very anxious about her. Well I've always been axious about her. I knew having a child was a lot of responsiblity, like a pet. Not that I thought they were animals or anything, but a lot of responsiblity.

I drove down to April's house in my black SUV. I reached her house, parked, got out and walked up to the porch. My heart went at a hundred miles an hour as I rang the doorbell, hoping Kayli would answer.

Unfortunally, not that unfortunate, April's mother answered.

"Hello," I greeted her with a polite smile. "I'm looking for Kayli."

"Oh," she realized. "You must be Eric."

"Yes."

"I'll go check with her." She gestured me to come inside. She told me to wait in the living room and she walked up the stairs.

I sat down in the comfortable black leather sofa. I was really tired. I hadn't slept in days because I was thinking about Kayli and my child. My child. It was so hard to think of me being a father. It freaked me out.

"Eric." Someone snapped me out of it. I looked up and saw April staring down at me. "Nice to see you again." It wasn't very friendly.

"Look Apr-" I started.

"No you look," she interuppted. "If you do anything to hurt her, you will have to move to Australia like Jordin."

"I would never hurt her!" I shouted.

"Good."

We were interuppted by April's mother. "You can go up." she told me.

I thanked her and headed for the stairs. As I went up them, I was suddenly flanked by April.

"I'll acomppany you." she smiled.

"Thanks."

She went in front of me and lead me into the room where Kayli was reading a book. She looked up from the book and smiled when she saw me. She put it on the bedside table and sat up.

"Hi." she greeted me, her smile never leaving her face. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you." I walked over and sat on the chair beside the bed.

She laughed. "I know that. I was wondering how you got in without April killing you."

I heard April scoff and then she said, "I'm not that bad!"

I ignored her and looked back at Kayli. "Are you feeling ok?"

"Yep." she yawned. "Just a bit tired."

"Hey," I turned to April. "Could you leave?"

"Make me." she answered through her teeth.

"April." Kayli warned.

"Fine." She opened the door and walked out.

"Phew." I sighed. Kayli hit my arm with the back of her hand. She settled back into the covers of the bed. I saw she was about to fall asleep so I wasn't going to stay much longer.

"I promise I will always be there for you." I told her.

She smiled sleepily. "I love you."

I kissed her forehead and she fell asleep.

___________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! It was kind of sudden when Kayli said she loved Eric, but I really wanted to type it. Please comment and vote! Bye!