58.

"I can still make Namjoon turn around and pick you up. I don't mind at all." Jin insisted through the phone.

"No. I really don't want to go. It feels like every time I go to one of their parties I end up doing something wild. I've had enough wildness for a while. I'll rather just stay home tonight."

"But it's New Year's Eve! Come on! You're going to be home alone."

"No, no, you go have fun. I don't mind being here. Look at the time it's close to midnight. The point of the party is to get there before twelve so you all celebrate at the same time."

"Ahh. It's the first New Years we don't spend together. I'm feeling nostalgic."

"It'll be okay. We will see each other soon enough best friend. Enjoy yourself tonight! Say hi to Namjoon for me!"

"Hi Jimin!" He screamed in the background.

"You're on speaker by the way." Jin chuckled.

"I see that. Well bye guys. Enjoy the party and have fun! Please be safe and don't drink too much!"

He hung up and sighed looking up at the ceiling. He has laying on his couch in silence. He didn't have to work tomorrow so he thought he'd sleep late. At least to break the rules every once in a while.

It was a holiday so it was okay to do that.

He hadn't talked to Yoongi. It had only been a few days, but it felt eternal. Wondering what was going on drive him crazy.

Yoongi was only trying to give him time to think. Plus, he didn't know about Yuta's and Jimin's breakup.

A buzz coming from his phone made him look at it. It was Taehyung who sent a picture with Jungkook holding bubbles.

tae<3:
happy new years eve!
we miss u (me more thank kook)
ps. look at bubbles he's so big :")

Jimin grinned typing a reply back. He was so glad they had become so close. Who would've thought? After almost a year it finally happened.

jimin:
you three are so freaking cute !!!
wowoowwowkwjsjks!
now you just have to get married and adopt five kids PLEASE
miss you guys too :)))

He closed his eyes and felt relaxed for the first time in a while. He felt okay. It was the start of a new year.

New opportunities.

So he wouldn't overthink. At least not tonight. He needed to just sleep and put his mind at peace.

A knock on his door made him get up. What if it was Yoongi? His heart accelerated as he got closer.

"Vernon? Hi." He said once he met eyes with him.

"Hey Jimin."

"Umm...whats up?" Jimin asked slightly confused. He had never been over to visit him.

"Nothing much. Uh...so I got Jabberwock a new bag of food. He's going to love them."

"Uhh...who's...who's...Jabberwock?" Jimin wondered. 

"My iguana. He looks scary as hell, but he's very affectionate. Towards me of course. If you try to pet him he will probably bite your finger off."

Jimin gasped, "Wow. Okay. If you ever bring him near remind me to not pet him please."

"Yeah will do. So you wanna know more about Jabberwock?"

"Sure. Do you want to come in?"

"Actually no."