Chapter One

I've known Cody for 10 years now. He was my best friend, my other half, I felt complete with him in my life. He made me laugh, smile and feel these emotions I've never felt with any of my friends before. He had brown hair, hazel eyes and was about 3 inches taller than me. When I was around him I felt safe.

I grew up without a father. My mom had me at a young age, 15. My father left my mom right after she gave birth to me. I didn't know what it felt like to have a father, it was strange to think about. Maybe that's why I felt so safe around a boy I've known basically my whole life.

My mom was 30 years old now. She looked identical to me, brown hair, brown eyes, the usual. Most of my family carried the same features. My mom was my best friend, other than Cody of course. She understood me, and I could talk to her about anything. She meant a lot to me and I never want to loose her.

I had some girl friends, not many though. Just friends though, Cody is my only real best friend. My friends were nice and funny and all but when it came to Cody he was different. I can talk to Cody about anything, I trust him with my life. And, for some reason he always knows how to make me laugh and smile without intending to.

Me and Cody grew up together, going to the same elementary school and middle school, and we had just started high school together. We always hang out everyday after school, he was part of my daily routine. I had to see him and if I didn't my day didn't feel completed.

Cody was the same age as me, 15 years old. He had amazing pushed back brown hair, with sparkling hazel eyes that seem to glow like the stars at night. He had the same style as me, vans or Roshe runs, and he shopped at the same stores I did. We did everything together, from going to the mall, to going on vacation and all things possible.

Cody is the only person I want to grow old with and still be best friends with, he meant a lot to me whether we were dating or not, he was my world.