Chapter Four

I had absolutely no clue where Cody was going. It was nearly 11:00 in the morning and we were already drifting around the city. I applied the question once again.

"Cody where are we going?"

"You'll see.." He said.

"Okay.." I smiled

About an hour later we arrived at the mall, I got out of the car and reached cody's side as we started walking. We entered the mall and Cody took my hand and brought me to a jewelry place. I was confused, considering I've never been here before, not even with my mom. I asked Cody what we were doing here, but he kept quiet.

I followed him around the store and he kept looking around. He glanced at my finger a couple of times and I felt so lost. I stood by his side the whole time. He chose out these two rings and for a second it felt like he was trying to marry me and I freaked out, but then I calmed down because I was to young for marriage. He payed for the rings and he brought me back out to the car.

He told me to sit down in the car, which I did and he got back into the drivers seat. He locked the doors but didn't appear to start driving. He looked over at me in complete silence and said "Let me see your hand."

I was still confused, but I stuck out my hand for him and he questioned "Carly?"

I replied "Yes?"

"Do you promise to be best friends with me for as long as we live?"

I giggled at first, thinking it was a dream, but it wasn't, it was real. I smiled and I promised "Yes I do promise"

He smiled and looked me straight in the eyes saying "Okay, then I reward you with this promise ring" he grabbed my hand, and for a second I could feel his cold touch on my warm skin, as he placed the ring on my finger. I laughed for a little while thinking he was so silly but then I took a serious look at his face and just smiled and adored him.

He gave me his ring and I smiled and looked him in the eyes the way he looked at me and I said "Cody do you promise to be best friends with me until we grow old?" That was all I honestly wanted in life was to grow old with him.

"I promise" he said. I placed the ring on his finger and for what felt life forever we stared into each other's eyes.