Chapter Seven

As soon as I opened the door, I jumped into Cody's arms. For once, I felt safe again. I looked up at him, his face didn't change much he just grew older. I still found him so attractive though. I busted into tears and smiled at the same time.

"I missed you so much!" He told me.

"I missed you too!" I smiled.

For the rest of the night, we talked about his vacation and about the past five years since we haven't really heard much of each other or seen each other. I was laying my head on his chest and he looked down at me and smiled, his hand touched my face and I realized he was still wearing the promise ring, as was I.

"You're wearing it" I smiled.

"Of course I am, I haven't took it off since the day I bought it."

I smiled because that made me feel so delighted that he actually cared about our friendship. I felt the chills, a weird feeling, a feeling like something was gonna happen. I looked up at Cody and he looked down at me, he was playing with my hair and he kept giving me this "You're so cute" kind of look. I just stared at him and giggled.

Then about 5 minutes later, things got really quite. I was sitting up leaning in front of him, he kept stroking his hand down my face and he planted both of his hands on my cheeks, leaning towards me. I had placed my hands on his cheeks, and together we touched lips, for the first time since we were 13.

I felt a variety of different emotions. To happy, because I love him so much that I kind of wanted that to happen. To sad, because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. To mad, because I hadn't seen him in 5 years. But, I was mostly happy, because he made me feel special again.

He leaned back and smiled and I did the same and then we just continued talking about everything including the past, when we used to date.