Chapter Five

After what felt like forever, his eyes drifted apart from mine and he started to drive back home. I looked at the time seeing that it was 2:00 in the afternoon, we grabbed lunch and then returned back at my house at 3:00.

We sat in my room, talking about old times and for some reason I kept getting these weird feelings running through my body. I didn't understand what type of emotions I was feeling. But then I realized I was starting to like Cody again. He made me tingle inside deeply. I couldn't stop just staring blankly into his eyes.

Then that's when it hit me "Carly what are you starring at?"

"Oh nothing."

"Oh really?" Cody laughed as he spoke.

"Yeah..." I replied with hesitation.

"Tell me!" He said with excitement.

I laid against the backboard on my bed, and looked down at my fingers and I spoke the truth.

"Cody I think I'm starting to catch feelings for you again.."

"Aw really?"

"Yeah.."

That was the last word I spoke to him that night. He had to leave, out of nowhere, his mom just came and picked him up. I was confused. Why would he leave so early? What was going on?

I didn't see him for days after that, days, weeks and months went by and I didn't see him. It didn't feel right at all. I kept texting him but no answer. That's when I really started to panic and worry about him.