Chapter 2: don't treat me well

Dani's POV

I couldn't sleep all night. I kept finding myself looking at the girl sleeping in the bunk below using the mirror. I found a comforting rhythm in her soft snores, the moonlight shone on her, making her almost glow.

She looked, so gentle and sweet. I felt somehow connected with her even though I don't even know this girl. I quickly got lost in my thoughts, before an annoying ringing started.

Lauren quickly bolted upright and switched off her alarm. I pretended to be asleep, looking at her through my lashes. She yawned and stretched, getting out of bed. She went to the bathroom and I couldn't see her anymore.

I turned to the other side to face the wall, waiting for her to come out. I heard the bathroom door open and I sat up, pretending to just wake up. "Morning Adams," I yawned.

And she ignored me. She grabbed a few papers and book and headed out. "Rude," I scoffed. I remembered the ugly bruise on my stomach. "Great, nothing too revealing then," I muttered. I jumped off the bunk and rifled through my closet. I quickly put on an outfit and headed to class.

I drifted down the corridor, occasionally turning heads as I head for my first class, the acting shit. I opened the door and walked in. "Miss Cimorelli," The teacher said.

I looked at his clothes. Does he ever wash them or does he have a hundred of them? "Didn't know you had that many friends' weddings to attend," I mocked. The class snickered.

His expression grew cold and he scribbled something on some papers before giving them to me. "Take the script Miss Cimorelli. Give the other one to Miss Adams," he said.

I smiled and crushed one of the scripts and threw it to Lauren, hitting her head. She turned her attention to me. "Have your script, Lauser," I smiled.

She took the script and skimmed over it, her expression becoming more surprised with every word. "Miss Cimorelli, that wasn't very nice," the teacher commented. "I know," I replied.

I walked to my seat and put my legs on the table, reading the script. "Miss Cimorelli, kindly take your boots off the table," said the teacher. I stuck out my tongue and rolled my eyes.

The teacher begun droning on about acting methods and whatever boring things. Blah blah blah... I read through my script. Lauser really didn't have any speaking lines, just actions. "What is this icky, stupid love scene," I muttered.

I glanced at her at the corner of my sight. She seemed like she just seen a ghost, the colour draining out if her face and her eyes staring at the script.

"What you looking at, Lauser? Teacher decided to give you nudes?" I mocked. The students around us turned around to watch what was unfolding. I glanced at her script in her trembling hands and one line caught my attention.

"Hell no!" I yelled, getting up. "What's the problem, Miss Cimorelli?" The teacher asked, smirking. "The script sucks!" I yelled. "You had to cancel the perfectly fine line and replace it? You have got something wrong with you!" I exclaimed, angrily.

My blood boiled and I clenched my fist, my nails digging into my palm. I glared at the teacher and he just laughed. "You're insane if you actually think I'd do it say that," I growled.

"Well, Miss Cimorelli. Would you rather fail?" He asked. "Fail!" I answered. "I'm sure Miss Adams would like to finally move up. Do you even care?" He questioned. I looked at the girl. She glanced up at me, her expression unreadable.

"I'll do your stupid scene," I grumbled. I crossed my arms and sat back in my seat. "How kind of you!" He smiled. I turned to glare at the girl but she wasn't paying attention anymore, looking out the window.