Chapter 8: don't start now

A/N: (if you don't wanna see me)

Lauren's POV

  My eyelids fluttered open and I sat up. Where the hell was I? A girl's face swung into my vision. "Good evening Adams!" Dani sang cheerfully. I raised a brow at the upside down girl. Wasn't the blood rushing to her head and making her all dizzy? "You passed out on stage yesterday," she said. Probably explains why I feel like absolute shit right now. I nodded. Wait... Yesterday?

  "It's the next day now, you've been excused from all your classes," Dani smiled. "You should pass out more often! I get to skip school without getting scolded!" She laughed. I'll see what I can do about it?

  I tugged at the shirt I was wearing. It felt different. I looked down at my clothes and back up at the girl hanging upside down. These were not even my clothes. I gestured at my clothes and pointe at her.

  "Sorry, you smelt funky so I changed your clothes," she shrugged.

EXCUSE ME?

  She flipped herself over and slid off her bunk. She sat down beside me with a smirk. "Honestly though, I'd rather undress you when you're awake," she purred. I slapped her arm and looked away.

  "Relax, I didn't remove your underwear," she hummed. She absentmindedly traced a path from my arm to my thigh, setting my nerves on fire. A shiver went down my spine as she rested her hand on my thigh. She knew what she was doing wasn't she?

  "And I've seen you in a bath towel. We've kissed on stage in front of the entire school. Stripping you down into your underwear isn't the worst thing ever," she said. "And you could always help me undress if you want pay back," she said. Tempting...

  "You can keep the shirt," she shrugged. "It looks better on you than it did on me," she smiled. Uh huh. This shirt was way too big for me lady. I nodded anyways.

  "Anyways, Asher is coming to pick me up for a date soon," she said. Oh? "And... " She paused. "Would it be okay if you third wheel?" She asked. Would it be okay if I throw you out this window? I guess not then.

  "I need a friendly face around for this ride through hell," she sighed. I opened my mouth to talk, then deciding not to and kept my mouth shut. That Asher guy was hell. I nodded.

  "Thanks Adams," she smiled, covering my hand with hers. I watched her trace patterns on the back of my hand with her thumb. Strangely comforting...

  "We're going rollerblading. Save your energy, I'm not carrying you up the stairs again," she huffed. Again? When did that happen?

Dani's POV

  Asher pulled up in front of us and he rolled down the window. "Hey Dani," he said. "Hey," I greeted him. I might not like Asher that much but hey, can't say no to free rollerblading time!

  "Why's the freak even near you?" He sneered, nodding at Lauren who was cowering behind me. "Since she fainted yesterday, the nurse said I had to babysit her," I said. "Must really suck, Dan," he laughed. Well, she's better company than you.

  The door unlocked with a click and I opened the door. "After you," I said, bowing. She rolled her eyes and tried to curtsy but stumbled. "Just get in already, freak," Asher yelled from the front. She wrinkled her nose at him as if he was a terrible stretch she had smelt.

  I got in after her and closed the door. "Buckle up ladies! I have a semi suspended driver's license!" He said cheerfully. I slightly less dislike this guy now. I laughed and buckled myself in.

  A hand grabbed my wrist and I smiled, looking at Lauren. "Don't worry, honey. If this stupid man gets us killed, we can haunt him for life. Or maybe he'll get the bye-bye injection for murder," I joked. I caught his eye in the mirror. "Or Lisa could request to have him tortured," I smiled.