Chapter 15: don't ever stop

A/N: uh... MOTHER-HECKING PARKER NOTICED MY STAND UP DRAWING! THEN HE EFFING POSTED IT AND LISA LIKED THE POST. I'M HELLA HAPPY!

And back to the story

Lauren's POV

  "Lauren, we have to get back to school like right now," Said someone. I felt sick to my absolute core. A hand touched my shoulder. "Dani?" I muttered. "It's Asher," he said. "We need to get back to school. It was a terrible idea coming here," he said. "You okay?" He asked.

  I shrugged. "Okay, we're going back now," he said. He tugged on my arm but my feet stayed rooted to the ground, staring at the spot I last saw her. "Lauren," he said quietly. "Let her go. She tried to go without telling us. What kind of friend is that?" He said. I think that was supposed to be encouraging. He grabbed my hand and and tugged me away and back to his car.

  "Laurie, talk. We have a 30 minute drive," he instructed. I sat the front with him at the wheels. I pressed my hand against the window as the car rolled out of the parking lots. I looked at the planes. I wonder which one she was in.

  "Lauren. Forget her. All you wanted was a drama-free life right?" He asked. I nodded slowly, unsure. "And yet, you found yourself tangled up in her web," he said. "I know," I sighed.

  I watched as a plane took off. "It's just..." I said. He arched his eyebrow at me. "I... Don't know what to feel," I sighed. "Honey, she abandoned us," he reminded me. "I still..." I said. I hesitated. "You're still madly head over heels in love with her?" He asked quietly. I nodded.

  "Look Laurie. She asked you to forget about her and your relationship. Do what she says. For love sake?" He pleaded.

  "No!" I yelled angrily. I slammed my fist on the dashboard and screamed, "It's not fair!" He looked at me. "Eyes on the road! Don't be an ass!" I yelled. His eyes softened and he returned his gaze to the road.

  I put my head in my hands and closed my eyes. "Sorry," I said. "It's alright," he replied. "Dani meant a lot to me too. And Liz," he said. I nodded.

  "Should I go after her then?" I asked. He shook his head. "Respect her wishes. She doesn't want to be found," he said sadly. I felt tears prickle the corner of my eyes. "Aw, Laurie. Don't cry. Maybe she'll come back," He reassured me. It seemed more like he was trying to convince even himself. Which was probably not working.

***

  I entered the dorm. "How did it go?" Liz asked. I shook my head. "I'm sorry," she said softly. "Well, want to burn them with me?" She asked. She gestured to the pile of items on the floor. All of Dani's things that she decided weren't important.

  I grabbed the guitar and strummed a open chord. I had no idea how to play. "Could we not burn it?" I asked. "Lauren. Don't hoard things. Forget about her," she said. I shook my head. "I don't want to," I sighed.