Chapter 13: don't touch her

Dani's POV

Liz decided to leave me with Asher as she sped off somewhere. I mean, couldn't she have taken me with her? Now I have to endure a while of being with Asher. I love the guy but he's... Well, Asher.

"Hi, Dani!" He chirped happily. "Hi," I smiled. "Liz managed to help you slip past your stupid forfeit huh?" He laughed. "I like it," I shrugged. "Well, happy birthday girl!" He exclaimed.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Dani... Happy birthday to you," he sang. "Adams could probably sing better than you from what Liz told me," I said. "Liz heard her sing?" He gasped. "That's what she told me on the way here," I said. "Wish I could have been there but your sister abducted me right before I could decide to help her clean or not," I grumbled.

"So where's my present?" I asked. "Uh... Just a second. I have to make a few calls," he stammered. "It's okay, you didn't have to get me anything," I sighed. "I wanted to but I had no idea what to get you! I couldn't just sneak into Lauren's closet and steal... A bra or something," he yelled.

"Woah! Firstly, not do loud. Secondly, what type of person did you peg me for?" I said. "Sorry, I meant her underwear," he said. "ASHER!" I yelled. "Would you like it though?" He questioned. I paused to think. "Maybe I could burn all of them... You finish the thought," I smirked. "You naughty girl. Now shush, I need to make a few calls," he said.

After calling a few people, he grinned at me. "Your smile is kinda freaky. You look like a monkey," I said. "Hey! I got you a present!" He said. He turned his screen around to show me. "Oh God! Is that a dick pic?" I yelled, covering my eyes. "What?" He yelped turning his screen back to him. "You're not supposed to see that, I was going to send it to-" he stopped. "There's no dick pic, you ass," He snarled. I laughed and punched his shoulder. "Show me whatever you wanted to, but not the dick pic," I laughed. He rolled his eyes and showed me his phone again.

"So, lock the door and throw out the key
Can't fight this no more, it's just you and me
And there's nothin' I, nothin' I, I can do
I'm stuck with you, stuck with you, stuck with you
So, go ahead and drive me insane
Baby, run your mouth, I still wouldn't change
Being stuck with you, stuck with you, stuck with you
I'm stuck with you, stuck with you, stuck with you, baby"

I listened to her voice, very much in awe and admiration. I watched her through the screen, mopping the floor, occasionally doing a cute little dance. "Well, she barely speaks but damn, her voice is good. When the hell does she practice?" I whistled.

"She really likes this song or something. The person who has all these footage from the surveillance cameras said that she's been going at this song for the longest time possible," he laughed. "Is this live?" I asked. "Nope. This is like... 10 minutes ago," he said.

"I love this birthday present!" I smiled. "Anyways, you were saying you were going to send that dick pic to?" I questioned. "Oh? I said that?" He stammered.

I spent the next like hour prodding him for the answer and more details as I followed him around the mall. Anyways, I haven't gotten it out of him yet.

***

I laughed and ruffled Asher's hair as Liz pulled up. "I'll get it out of you eventually," I smiled. I opened the door for him and I got in after him.

"Is the last surprise all set up?" Asher asked, gleefully. Liz nodded and they shared a sly smile. "So what now?" I laughed. "We're generous so we think you'll really like this last gift," Liz said.