14

brady's pov

today is only the second day of school, but there is a big back to school fundraiser tonight so we have a half day. we got out at 11:30.

as soon as that bell rings, i run to my car. i'm going to surprise jackie. ugh i miss her so much. i wish she was here with me.

i drive to the hospital and after an hour of driving i finally get to the hospital and go inside.

i tell the desk lady who i'm here to see and she lets me back.

i gently knock on her door.

jackie : come in.

i walk in to see kairi and two other people sitting around her. and kairi has his arm around her. i put my arms behind my back and make fists with my hands. i calm myself down before i get too mad.

me : hey, jackie.

i give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and kairi keeps his arm around her the entire time.

me : how are you doing?
jackie : eh. i'm super tired and weak today.

i'm holding her hand and kairi is staring at our hands.

mmm...this mother fucker BETTER not have feelings for best friend.

me : uh...can i please talk to you alone for a second, jackie?
jackie : yeah sure.

jackie's pov

this is so weird. i don't know why he's out of school. this was a complete surprise and i can tell he's mad about kairi and them being here.

as soon as the boys walk out, brady shuts the door behind them and turns to me.

brady : so i'm gone for half a day and you're already dating other guys?
me : what are you talking about?
brady : kairi? his arm was around you.
me : i am literally so weak right now. i couldn't keep myself up. he was just helping me. why are you so jealous? i thought we agreed we weren't a thing.
brady : we did, i just...
me : what? you just what?
brady : i just don't want you getting hurt again. and if you were dating anyone, i would want it to be me!
me : it can't be you, brady. we're best friends. look i need to tell you something.
brady : what?
me : the kiss yesterday. it didn't...feel right.
brady : what do you mean?
me : i mean i don't think i really like you like that.
brady : what are you talking about? you just did like yesterday.
me : i think it was an "in the moment" type of thing.
brady : of course it was.
me : okay don't overreact.
brady : i'm not overreacting. who's overreacting?

he slams his fist down onto a table.

me : BRADY! calm the fuck down. chill out.
brady : why don't you like me anymore, jackie? is it because of fucking kairi's dumb ass?
me : quit talking about him like that!
brady : why? because you're gonna replace me with him?
me : are you fucking serious? i would never do that. you are out of your mind right now. what has gotten into you?
brady : i have to go.

brady walks out slamming the door behind him. i flinch at the sound. kai and tia and ale run into the room.

tia : are you okay?
kai : what happened?
ale : and what's wrong with him?

i explain to them what happened and they comfort me.