18

the next day

i wake up with kai's arm around me. i turn over to face him and i look at his peaceful face. i give him a little kiss on the lips but he stays asleep.

a few minutes later, he wakes up and he looks at me. he starts stroking my hair.

me : good morning, babe.
kai : good morning, beautiful.

he kisses me.

kai : how do you feel?
me : tired but okay i guess.
kai : good. you want me to get you some food?
me : nah i'm not hungry.
kai : you sure?
me : yes i'm sure.
kai : if you need anything let me know.
me : i'm not in the hospital anymore. you're not my doctor anymore.
kai : i know. but this is gonna keep getting you sicker and sicker. and you're already weak. i just want you to be okay.
me : i know, kai. i will be okay though. and i'll let you know if i need something. i promise.
kai : good.

he kisses me again and rolls out of bed to start getting ready. he told me he's taking me somewhere but won't tell me where.

i put on this outfit

and i put my hair in french braids

and i put my hair in french braids. kai wears this 

kai grabs my bag for me and we walk downstairs

me : hey mama, we'll be back in a little bit.
mom : can you take your sisters please?
me : mooommm!
mom : please? just for today? my friend invited me and your father over for the day. we were gonna ask if y'all could watch the girls anyway.
kai : we'll take them with us.
mom : thank you kairi.

liz and maiya walk downstairs already dressed. we walk out of the house with them.

liz : can we take ethan please?
me : why?
liz : because i haven't seen him in a few days and i miss him.
me : he's literally our next door neighbor.
liz : so? plus i kinda already texted him and told him he could.
me : oh my gosh. fine.

i walk over to brady and ethan's house with liz praying that brady doesn't open the door. i knock and surprise, surprise, brady opens it.

brady : oh uh hi.

i see ethan behind him.

me : come on ethan. we need to go.
brady : can you please talk to me?
me : what's there to talk about? you're probably just gonna ghost me again anyway.
brady : that's not what happened.

ethan comes out and hugs liz and gives her a kiss on the cheek. he grabs her hand.

liz : we're just gonna go. hurry up and finish y'all's conversation please.

they walk away leaving me and brady alone.

me : then what happened?
brady : i don't know!
me : oh so is it because you didn't wanna be there for me during the worst time of my life?
brady : what? not at all!
me : you've been in this position before! you know i feel! and you're still gonna do this to me?
brady : i'm not trying to do anything to you. let me explain.
me : you have like 2 minutes.
brady : okay. i did that because i was scared. and mad. i didn't want you to be in a relationship with that goody two shoes of a fake doctor. and i didn't want our friendship to end because of him.
me : well thanks to you, our friendship ended because YOU thought it'd be a good idea to storm out and stop talking to me. and DO NOT talk about my boyfriend that way. you don't know his story and what he's been through. mind your own damn business, brady.
brady : boyfriend? this is what i meant! he's gonna ruin us.
me : oh don't worry, he won't. because you already did.

i turn around and run back to kai, beginning to cry. that fight took too much of my energy. once i got over to kairi, i collapsed into his arms and passed out.