17

we decide to post on our instagrams to tell everyone. i still keep my comments off because i don't want people talking about my cancer and he turns his off to in consideration to me.

@ jackierose aaanddd

@ jackierose aaanddd...i'm dating someone 🥺 @ kairicosentino

comments disabled

@ kairicosentino meet my girl ❤️ @ jackierose

@ jackierose

after we post we just chill. we watch a movie, cuddle and talk. after a while he has to leave.

kai : i really don't want to, but i need to leave now.
me : you have to go?
kai : yeah baby, i'm sorry.
me : it's okay. i'll see you tomorrow?
kai : for sure!
me : also i need to meet your parents.
kai : uh...i don't really have parents. me and my sister actually don't even really have a place to live...
me : wait what?? then where are you going to stay tonight.
kai : probably mattia or alejandro's living room. if not, then i guess the sidewalk.
me : what? no! i can't let y'all do that! where is your sister right now?
kai : at her friends. she always goes there while i'm at work.
me : if y'all need somewhere to stay, i'm sure my parents wouldn't mind letting you stay here.
kai : oh no, we're okay.
me : please. i insist.
kai : i wouldn't want to cause too much trouble.
me : i promise you won't. come with me.

i go downstairs with him and we explain the whole situation. my parents fortunately are letting both him and his sister both stay with us.

after about 20 minutes, his sister gets there. we hear a knock on the door and we open it and kairi hugs her.

kai : jackie, this is my sister maiya. maiya, this is my girlfriend jackie, her sister liz, and their parents.
maiya : nice to meet y'all.
me : nice to meet you too.
mom : why don't y'all go figure out sleeping situations and things and unpack. it's getting late.
me : okay. goodnight, mom and dad. love you.

i give both of them a hug and so does liz.

we all go to my room to figure out where we're gonna sleep.

me : so we have my room and liz's room.
liz : we can either do where me and jackie share a room and kai and maiya share a room or kai and jackie can share and maiya and i can share.
me : but either way, we'll have to share. and i know it might be weird and uncomfortable at first, but i promise you'll like it here.
liz : to be honest, i kinda wanna share with maiya. jackie gets on my nerves too much and maiya and i are closer in age.
kai : i'm fine with sharing with jackie.
me : i'd be happy to share with kai. but it's up to maiya.
maiya : i don't mind sharing with liz.
me : great! she can help you get unpacked.
maiya : okay.
liz : let's go!

maiya and liz leave my room and i lay down on my bed with kairi sitting next to me.

kai : thank you.
me : of course. but another question. how did you get that internship?
kai : my uncle got it for me so i could make some money. we couldn't live with him because he died a month ago. i have no other family that i know. and i won't be able to pay for college.
me : i'm so sorry. i'm sure you could get a scholarship. you'd be an amazing doctor.
kai : i don't know. i'll just have to see i guess.

i sit up and sit on his lap facing him. he's sitting against my headboard.

me : everything will work out. i know it.
kai : as long as i'm with you, i'll be fine.
me : me too.

he kisses me and we start making out. he just finished giving me a hickey when i hear a knock on my door. (we weren't gonna have sex. just kiss)

me : shit.

i roll off of him and pull my sweatshirt up to where they can't see. thank goodness it's just liz saying they were going to sleep.