30

kai's pov still

i finally get to their bed, and i pull myself onto it with my non broken leg and arm.

me : well sleepings gonna be a pain. literally.

i hear my phone going off and i pick it up. it's the boys facetiming me. i answer.

ale : sup bro.
tia : how you feeling?
ale : we heard about the accident.
me : ah well not so good. got a broken ankle, collarbone, and elbow. and tore my acl.
ale : wait bro that means no more soccer.
me : oh my god i completely forgot.
tia : you still got fifa.
me : not the same.
ale : i call being the first one to sign your casts.
me : haha.

i show them my casts and they both clench their teeth in an "ouch" way.

me : yeah i know. you're lucky you don't have to feel the pain.
ale : sorry man.
tia : so what even happened.
me : fucking melissa and jacob. maiya, liz and i were on the way to go see jackie before her chemo started and i was on the last exit before the hospital then all the sudden and hear screaming and my whole left side is in pain and my car is smashed into my body.
tia : ouch.
me : maiya broke her wrist, knuckles, and 2 fingers. and liz broke her ankle and got a bad concussion. she lost her memory.
ale : oh my god dude i'm so sorry.
me : thanks. but i get to see jackie tomorrow. so that's good.
ale : yeah that's good.
tia : aye bro i gotta go. my moms getting mad at me because i woke up my brother.
me : bye mattia.

he hangs up and i keep talking to ale.

back to jackie's pov

it's like 9:00 and kai was supposed to visit me yesterday.

i'm still awake and i accidentally knocked my cup of water off my table so a doctor walks in.
she starts to clean it up.

me : i'm so sorry. i'm extremely clumsy.
doc : it's alright. make sure to get your rest though.
me : i know. it's just my boyfriend, kairi, was supposed to come see me yesterday and didn't even come today either.
doc : first, you weren't able to visit today. only yesterday morning.
me : that's when he was gonna come.
doc : second, what's his name again?
me : kairi cosentino.
doc : uh does he have a sister and live with other people and their daughters.
me : yes...why?
doc : you don't know?
me : what are you talking about? you're scaring me, doctor.
doc : he got in a terrible accident yesterday morning with 2 young girls on the way to the hospital actually.
me : he was coming to see me?
doc : i'm so sorry. he's lucky to be alive.
me : where is he?
doc : he's already gone home.
me : well what happened to him? and my sister and his sister?
doc : he broke his left collarbone, left elbow, left ankle, and tore his left acl. the girl with the brown hair broke her wrist, knuckles, and 2 fingers. the one with the blonde broke her ankle and is suffering from memory loss.
me : what? what all did she forget?
doc : everything. she doesn't even remember her own name.

i start crying.

me : she won't even remember me?
doc : technically she could. you just have to jog her memory, bring it back. take her places and bring up old memories. it shouldn't take too long.
me : are you sure?
doc : i promise.

she pats my shoulder and leaves.