66

the next day

i wake up late and alejandro is gone. i go downstairs in my pajamas and i see him cooking. i wrap my arms around him and hug him from behind.

ale : hey jackie. good morning.
me : good morning alejandro.

he turns around and grabs my hips and pulls me into a hug. i pull away after a few seconds.

me : you made breakfast?
ale : making. but yeah.
me : and how is that going?
ale : i already burnt 2 trays of bacon and i'm now on my third.
me : you should just leave the cooking for me from now on.
ale : aw.

he makes puppy dogs eyes. i hit his arm softly.

me : fine you still can cook just stop burning things.

he rolls his eyes and finishes breakfast. brady comes downstairs and sits next to me.

we finish eating and we're all on the couch just on our phones when we hear a knock on the door.

me : were you planning on having whitney over?
brady : no...

i get up and open the door. mattia and kairi are standing in the door way. i know that we're not on good terms right now at all, but i haven't seen them in weeks and it feels really weird and i miss them a lot. i couldn't help but hug him.

i jump into his arms and he spins me around. once we puts me down we hug for a few more seconds. ale sees and gives a mad look. i then give tia and big hug.

me : what are you doing here?
kai : we came to talk. and apologize.
me : come in.

i let them in and kai takes me to my room so we can talk privately.

kai : i need to tell you something.
me : what's up?
kai : i didn't want to cheat on you.

him bringing it up made me fill with pain and my eyes started tearing up.

me : then why did you?
kai : because of fucking mack and melissa.
me : what do you mean?
kai : they made us do it.
me : us?
kai : me and mattia.
me : ok sure.

i didn't believe him.

kai : listen to me, jackie. you think i wanted to cheat on you? you mean the world to me. i couldn't imagine what i'd do if i never met you. i loved you. i still love you. i never wanted to hurt you but i didn't have a choice. mattia didn't either.
me : then what happened?
kai : they said they would tell everybody i abused you while you were pregnant if we didn't make out with them.
me : why didn't you think to tell me sooner?
kai : because they said that if i told you then they would tell everyone that rumor.
me : then why are you telling me? i don't want you to go to jail!
kai : because i went to the police. i told them everything and i filled out a restraining order for both of them. all of them actually.
me : all who?
kai : jacob, melissa, mack and marcus who's mack's brother.
me : oh.
kai : yeah. but now everything is back to normal so we can be together again right.

i just smile because i don't want to tell him about me and alejandro's "thing."

he leans in for a kiss and our lips connect. we kiss for a couple seconds until i pull away.

me : uh...kai-i need to tell you something too.