past

"so dylan, where did you move here from"
i shuffle uncomfortably in my seat, preparing to recite the story i had made up on the flight here. but i could tell them the truth right? i mean they're not going to do anything? i don't wanna start off on the wrong track by lying right? well the first couple of lies don't count. fuck sake. i decide on a half- truth because i felt guilty. london is making me fucking soft.

"oh, portugal actually" i say, this was actually true. yes the first true thing that had come out of my mouth since i arrived here. apart from the 'nice to meet you' of course. i'm not that much of a bitch i promise.

i see their confusion, probably because of my british accent. i half smile and explain further

"but i was born in england, i just moved to portugal after..." i trail off. fuck i cant tell them my parents died ALREADY. i have to fucking lie again. "well after i passed my exams i guess" i stutter, hoping they won't notice my hesitation. i also think it's best to leave out the details of how many countries i had been to in-between as we would be here all fucking week.

"portugal! i bet that was fun" george says raising his eyebrows. i mean it was great until my parents died yeah.

"yeah it was actually, i can't really speak any portuguese anymore though so don't get your hopes up on that" i half smile at the both of them, taking a mouthful of my pancakes.

we continue our conversation for a while, until we had all finished our meal. i learn that they are both social media influencers, but they wouldn't elaborate on that any more. social media influencers? does everyone in london make money from doing shit all?

i also learn that alex and george are flat mates which is nice. i bet they have some fun time in their apartment ay. would love to know what mr nice guy and mr nice eyes get up to when they're together. kidding. or maybe i'm right you never know.

we pay for our meals and walk back to the apartments, still carrying on our conversation from the diner.

before we enter our apartments, we exchange numbers incase i ever needed anything or needed anyone. we're on a number basis already i really don't like how fast this relationship is progressing and i want to shut everyone out so they can never hurt me again.

bruh. this can only end in heartbreak.

i know what you're thinking, what happened to my plan of keeping a low profile. well london has turned me soft. actually...

these boys had turned me soft.

uh oh.