You only live once (30)

"So, here's the drill." The old man stated with a vile grin complementing his nasty ripped up face, his footsteps echoed in the dark room. "I'm going to talk." He strode into the light and my stomach sank.

He wasn't in all black like before, he somehow look civilized now, less like a thug and more like a gentleman, A white coloured shirt and a black tie, black formal trousers and black gloves that hugged his thin needle fingers, he was skinny, clearly dwindling with age, but terror still rushed through my blood despite it.

"And you are gonna keep your mouths shut." He instructed walking directly in front of me and stepping as he pulled up his black tight glove. "Or you lose them." He smirked crouching down to me and gripping my chin with a foul look. I pushed back as much as I could, My body wouldn't let me hide the fear inside me, I pulled but Lucas just groaned in pain and I stopped. 

The silence that followed his husky voice stretched and screamed through my ears. "Have I made myself clear?" He hissed.

"What do you want with us, Vito?!" Lucas growled.

This old tart is Vito? Fucking hell he looks like someone put an iron to his face. If this is the third in command what the hell is Gray like?

They are murderous crime lords Jess.

"You've been causing a lot of trouble for us. " Vito said walking past me and out of my sight.

"Whatever I've done it's nothing you haven't deserved." Lucas spat.

"Aw come on, where are your manors? You don't want this to end up how it did last time, do you? I can go get Gray if you want. But for your benefit, I told him it's best if he doesn't come in." Vito chimed smugly.

Lucas didn't say anything, a bitter surrender and back to that sore silence.

"That's what I thought." I could hear Vito's smirk.

"Well, You've been killing my men and getting very important people in jail. So I should kill you." Vito nodded to himself shaking his finger like a scary grandpa giving his grandson a stern talking to.

A swallowed down the lump in my throat.

"Luckily for you, the boss is refusing it. He won't let the girl die and because you're close to the girl you can't die either, unfortunately." He grumbled like he was let down and like he was looking forward to hurting us. "Of course, I could just slit her throat if she wasn't a problem anymore then I could kill you!" He laughed to himself with a hint of mockery in his voice.

Lucas let out a snort and Vito's head turned curiously.

"You find that funny huh?"

Lucas nodded behind me, his dark hair hanging over his face. "Hey, Vito can I tell you something?" Lucas asked.

"What is it?" Vito crouched down facing Lucas.

Lucas nodded for him to come closer and he moved to the side so his ear was near Lucas' mouth. "What?"

"If you so much as lay a single finger on Jess," Lucas warned in a breathless dry voice. "I'll break every fucking bone in your body and then." He laughed to himself. "I'll burn off the other side of your face," He whispered, chuckling in Vito's ear.

Vito stayed there for a second, his face twisting

"Big words for a little boy all tied up," He grumbled clenching his fists.

"Big words for an old man with Alzheimer's and a chewed-up face," Lucas commented smugly and In a flash Vito pulled a small pocket knife from the inside of his blazer, unfolding it and holding it to the side of my face.