Chapter 19: Forfeit! The bright side of things.

Zoro's POV
My hands kept shaking as I watched her walk through the door. The match was over, and.... she forfeited. Why did she do that? Wasn't it her dream to prove herself?
"Congratulations my boy!" Mihawk patted my back while congratulating me. I was so stuck in my thoughts that I barely even noticed him.
"T-thanks." I mumbled before walking after her. Mihawk frowned and ran after me.
"Woah woah! Where are you going? It's time to celebrate your win." he argued. I wasn't going to celebrate or do anything like that without her. Mihawk looked into my eyes and smiled.
"I understand, we will be ready when you are finished." I smiled back and ran through the door and down the hallway to Carly's room. Knocking slightly, I heard the sound of footsteps reaching the door. A small, but happy laugh was heard on the other side of the door.
"I think you know by now that you don't have to knock." the voice whispered. My lips curved into a grin along hearing her words.
"Don't wanna come in at the wrong time." I chuckled against the brown, wooden door. It slowly opened revealing the short brunette, a sweet smile plastered upon her cheeks. My arms imedietly wrapped around the smaller girl and my chin rested on the top of her head.
"Why did you do that?" I whispered as I could almost feel her smile drop. She was silent for a few seconds which made me worry.
"After all that I've ever done to you... I thought that you deserved something like this more than I did. And look at the bright side.." she paused while pulling away to look at me, "you are now the greatest swordsman next to mihawk, you should be happy." I frowned. It's not like I wasn't happy, I just feel like she gave up everything for me.
"Please don't be sad, I chose to do this... I wasn't forced." Carly mumbled while placing her hand on my cheek. We stood silent a few moments, her staring at me and me not wanting to meet her eyes. She pushed my head to the side so I was staring right into her big green eyes. That's when I realized, she was happy this way. I leaned down and softly moved some brown hairs away before lightly kissing her forehead.
"I love you." I whispered which she obviously took as an 'everything is okay' because she let out a small giggle. Before she could say anything back a large smirk stretched across my face. I let go of her and started walking back the way I came.
"Didn't know you were one to giggle kid." I laughed while walking. Technically I couldn't see her face, but I've got a pretty good picture of what it would look like. Lemme guess, fuming red and ready to kill me. Suddenly I felt a weight upon my back which almost made me fall.
"Say that again.. I dare you." she threatened while holding on to my back and wrapping her legs around my torso. I chuckled slightly before holding my arms up making her adjust to my movements.
"Hey I was just pointing it out." I snikered, trying to keep a straight face.

(Time skip)

"Well, looks like someone is ready to celebrate and.... Sheesh, Young man what exactly happened to your cheek?" mihawk asked while turning around to face me. I took the ice away from my cheek revealing a huge black and blue mark a few centimeters below my eye. He winced for a second like he could almost feel the pain of it. I laughed a little before looking down.
"I might have said something that I shouldn't have." Mihawk raised an eyebrow before looking over at Carly talking to Nami and Usopp nearby.
"Ah yes, I- uh... Well let's not get further into that, instead let's start celebrating your victory my boy." he mumbled looking a little nervous towards my terrifying girlfriend.
The party is honestly not that bad. Everyone is congratulating me constantly, I mean that got a little annoying, but I am trying not to show my annoyance. The best part about this party though, is that they've got a pretty much unlimited supply of booze! Trust me when I say that Carly's been loving that the most.
" *hic* like I was saying, I cut the guys arms *hic* right off!" a very drunk Carly explained the rest of her story. She laughed hard at her own story as the rest of the people listening stared at the girl in awe. Listening to her storys made me remember when I used to be a pirate hunter and all. The way that she showed no mercy at all. It almost reminded me of me, but  both of us are different now. I'm a real pirate and she's learned how to treat people. I'm surprisingly proud of how much both of us have grown. I was pulled out of my thoughts as Carly wrapped her arms around me. Quiet snores were heard from the girl as she was quickly out cold. A warm smile stretched across my face before I picked her up. While saying goodnight to everyone that passed me I walked her back to her room. I slowly laid her down under the covers of her bed and kissed her rosy cheek.
"Goodnight kid."