21

"ANXIETY!" Roman yelled as he stormed into the younger's bedroom scaring the shit out of Virgil who nearly fell off the bed in surprise. Roman pouted with tears in his eyes as he stomped his way over to the anxious one and just crossed his arms hugging himself and ignoring the glare he was getting. "Cuddles." 

"What?!" Virgil paled as he dropped his phone beside him just staring at the prince in shock. Roman groaned as glanced over at the door, eyes shining pink as he created a ball to hit the door making it close before it vanished from sight. "Roman?" Virgil squeaked slightly before looking up and crashing. Roman was literally shivering. "Ro?"

"Cuddle... please?" Roman whined as he twitched slightly. It's been a while since Roman first started asking to hang out. Virgil had just started to get used to the prince randomly stopping by just to 'hang out' but this was something new. Roman was holding on by a thread and Virgil could see. "Please?"

"Uh..." Virgil frowned as he glanced around his bed anxiously, shifting a bit to try to make room only to freeze up completely as Roman just flat out pushed himself onto the bed, head in Virgil's lap, shivering like mad. "Roman? What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Not yet... anyway." Roman's eyes narrowed as he felt Virgil squirm a bit far too awkward to even move. "I'm sorry." Virgil's eyes set with concern as Roman's voice croaked. "I know you don't like contact. I just... I'm sorry."

"I'm a bit confused. I know we've been a bit... nicer towards each other buuu- uh." Virgil's face flushed as Roman buried himself into the younger more. "R-Rom-man."

"I'm sorry." Roman's hands clenched tightly to his chest as he grimaced with anxiety. He had made the mistake of napping in his room. Sure you wouldn't think that would be a bad thing but... Ever since he turned back into a human sleeping without Virgil had been an impossible feat. When he did his dreams weren't always kind and... His room had a habit of making it all worse. His dream was nothing but the dragon witch cacking as his body slowly and painfully turned back into a cat all while Virgil watched with this disgusted and hateful look in his eyes. Being told he was the worst person alive and that Virgil wished him dead for abusing his emotions and using him like some tool had quite literally carved out his heart. He was at Virgil's door before he had even truthfully woken up all the way.

Virgil's eyes softened as he slowly let his hand fall to Roman's hair, trying to soothe the trembling prince, as he carded his fingers through his ginger locks. Virgil frowned at the familiar feeling of how soft it was and he sighed trying to focus on Roman for once instead of missing King. Virgil leaned back against the wall fixing his position so that he was comfortable and he frowned as Roman literally latched onto him forcing himself further into his lap as if terrified of being pushed off.

"Ro..."

"Anx, I really don't want to talk." Virgil's eyes narrowed with worry as Roman's voice came out with a very sad whine. "I just want to be held."

"But why..."

"Please no questions." Virgil sighed with a curt yet understanding nod as he continued to trail his fingers gently through Roman's soft ginger hair. Roman melted into him completely. He could feel himself relax as he gingerly leaned into the other's touch. God, did he miss it so much. He shifted slightly making Virgil pause in confusion as Roman moved just enough for Virgil to pet him better. As Virgil continued with a confused expression his eyes only narrowed more as Roman started to purr. 

"You confuse me greatly, Roman." The prince chuckled softly as just melted more. His nerves seeming to slip away with every second he was there in his love's arms. "I won't ask what happened but... why... me?" Roman tensed slightly before looking up to see Virgil stared off into nothing with this far away look. "You've never seemed to care before. I know you said you didn't hate me but... I'm really lost as to what happened. Why are you suddenly being so nice to me? Why are you wanting to hang out? What's with the sudden demand for cuddles? Why me?" Roman smiled sadly as he wrapped his arms around the other who froze up in shock over the action. "Roman?"

"Thank you, Anx." Virgil panicked slightly as Roman pushed himself up and stretched a bit with a smile. "I feel better."

"But... Roman, I'm confused." Roman just ignored the questions as he carefully started to get up only to pause when his eyes met with the castle he loved so much. He ached to just curl up on his little tower and stretch but... he couldn't. Well... that wasn't exactly true but Roman couldn't do that to Virgil... not again. Virgil's eyes went wide noticing what Roman was staring at and he shook, his anxiety bubbling up. Sure Roman had been in the room several times now but he never really paid any attention to what was in there. Especially not any of King's stuff... For the most part, all Roman did was lay on the floor and smile as the two of them listened to music. "That's King's castle." Roman's smile fell instantly as he looked away and nodded. "I'm sorry."

"For?" Virgil flinched slightly before choking out a simple...

"Using your room." Roman chuckled lightly as he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. 

"Don't apologize, Anx. You're free to use my room whenever you need to. Don't be afraid to just come over either." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman waved at him slightly before heading off to leave. "You literally can't bother me at all so... It's ok. Thanks again, Anx. I know I confused you but... I really needed that."

"Hey, wait!" Roman paused, hand on the door, as Virgil's shakey voice spilled through the room. "I uh... I mean... If you want to... We um... We could... you could even... I can never seem to talk to you." Virgil grumbled as he clenched his fists tightly. Roman turned to face him as he frowned in confusion, worried over why Virgil was getting so anxious. "I'm trying to ask if... I-If maybe... Only if you want to... Um... We could... Roman, do you want to watch a movie later?" Roman's eyes lit up as Virgil hesitantly looked up at him only to falter over just how completely happy Roman seemed to look. "Uh... Well? I mean... You don't have to but... you could pick it out and... we could um... We could... just hang some more."

"I would love to."