Crawling the Walls (a Narrative of Overcoming)

~Crawling the Walls~

Do you ever get that feeling?
The feeling of being trapped underwater,
Of hitting a wall that you so long to break down.
The feeling of being trampled by your own thoughts.
The feeling of being lost in the dark with no escape,
Enclosed in a ring of fire, ablaze with invisible colors,
That only closed eyes can truly see.

You know that feeling?
I know it too.
I know that it can be hard to move your mind away,
And break free from the daily push and pull, 
The little demons, causing turmoil that never seems to disappear.
Like tinnitus, a constant ringing, always present,
And never leaving.

But try to let go, alright?
It may be tough in the beginning, and painful.
And treacherous, and terrifying, and utterly chaotic.
You may not think you can make it at first,
And to be honest, friend, I didn't either.
I was in the same boat, frantically paddling along in the canoe of fate,
Trying to make it across the sea of the universe,
Just to realize I was going nowhere.

Friend, I know that it can feel like you are suffocating, drowning.
But just like me, you will soon cross over the sea of the universe,
Sitting in your canoe of fate, using your oars of hope.
Because trust me.
There is a light shining at the end of the tunnel,
There is a way to overcome the swirling madness of mental color and mind warfare,
There is a way to smile again.
Because it cannot stay dark forever.
Sooner or later, the rain will have to stop.
And you will be able to breathe again, and bask in the rays of your own internal sunshine.

Just trust me on that, okay?

~end~

Hello! I hope you are doing well! This poem was written very late at night, while listening to dramatic music, in the spur of the moment. So needless to say, I have not had that much time to edit it! However, sometimes that is what makes it even better.

I hope that if anyone who is reading this is having a tough time getting through something, no matter what it may be, knows that there is always a ray of light amidst gloomy clouds. It will get better! Just hang in there, and keep fighting.

I hope that everyone is safe and with their families, and staying at least somewhat positive despite all the chaos in the world right now. Because you mean a lot to the world! And don't you ever forget it.

Thanks for readin'!

Love, Stardusttoad
💜

P.S. In case you haven't noticed, even though most of these are poems, they are not broken into stanzas. Originally when I put these writings into Wattpad, they are in stanzas, but as soon as I save or publish them, they all clump together. No matter how many times I go back and rearrange the lines, it just keeps happening! At least that is what it looks like on my screen! Who knows, maybe this will be the section that is actually formatted correctly. I can't fix it, but if it does look like that to you, this is just so you know that they are supposed to be broken up. :)

P.P.S. I think I fixed the stanza issue! :D