Chapter 21

A human stood alone at the center of a horde of demons in the middle of cross roads in Japan. No other human or living creature was in vicinity, just the demons of hell and one lone human. A war waged, the demons grunted and prowled around the human as they looked for an opening to strike the human. 

The human stretched an arm and suddenly a katana appeared glowing as if it was just snatched from the embers of hells. Without any display of swordsmanship the human moved, with light footwork, he danced into the throes of the demons slicing them into nothingness. There was no anger, or hatred; just a man with a mission. Within mere seconds the lower demons had been sliced off to hell and remained the leader of them. 

A horned head shook in anger, fire blew from its nostrils, and the hooves stomped arrogantly; the demon leader otherwise known as a Baron among folks of hell was almost a nobody who oversaw a small horde of demons who were minions of overlords. But like any other lowly master, the demon was angered by the human who had destroyed his minions in a breath.

The demon stomped its hooves and in a blink of an eye, it stood behind the human with its clawed paws raised ready to slice off the human's neck. Yet it was the Baron who staggered, an expression of surprise flickered in its furred face as the human pulled the katana  out of its chest. The Baron in its arrogance, hadn't noticed the trickster human with his fickle hands had been prepared for the Baron's backstabbing move.

'A human...how?' questioned the stunned Baron. Instead of replying the human twisted the katana blankly returning the wayward demon back to the underworld.

As the Baron disappeared into ashes, a jewelled Staff  fell into the human's arms. 

Two orbs appeared as well, anyone at first glance would think they were Tinker-bells from heaven  who went around spreading fairy dust into childrens dreams of innocence, sadly ,they were anything but something out of a fairy tale, instead they were something out of a Grimm Tale. 

The orbs were creatures known as Rumours; fastest beings in existence. Their little wings flickered spreading ashes of tales as they toured around the human's head.

'Master,' they giggled. The human swayed them away as if they were annoying mosquitoes in a summer night.

'His highness wants you to return home,' 

The human paused who had been devoid of any emotion this whole time, at the mention of home an emotion danced along his eyes but it was too fast even for the Rumours to notice.

'When?' 

'As soon as possible, and His highness says the staff is yours with the sacrifice of your blood of course.' The Rumours vanished instantly passing the message, usually they tend to hang around humans but this human was not the usual, their pitiful life could be really swated away like little mosquitos.

Without a second thought the human cut his right palm and held the staff left behind by the Baron, blood oozed as it slid down and up the Staff wrapping it in a coat of blood; claiming it. The staff glowed acknowledging its new owner and disappeared to be called forth when asked by its new master. 

The human frowned at his palm as it healed rapidly, curtsy of the devil like all his weapons. These perks were for one reason, for him to do the Devil's bidding. 

Seo Hwi clenched his fists as he planned his return to home after 10 years of traveling, hunting all over the world. He was called home.

________________________________

Hello there, I am back and so are the boys. After a long break the story might seem different, I had a lot of time to think. The boys are now men, hardened by life. FYI they are 26 now!

Do comment, I love reading comments. It actually gives me ideas and sometimes your comments just brightens my day. 

Thank you for reading my work, you guys are too kind.