Chapter 29- Trick Or Treating

I'm so lost in the date so let's just say its october.
I'm childish so don't judge me :3

————————————————————
Zak's Pov
October 31st 2021

Today, one of my favourite days. Halloween. I get free candy. I know people say I'm a little too old for trick or treating but I don't care because I enjoy it! People can't tell me to stop doing what I love and if they tell me that, I'll ignore it because they aren't the boss of me. They don't get to decide what I do with my life. Besides any of that, I actually know what I am for Halloween. I being a duck! A Skeppy in a duck pyjama ( I'm pretty sure thats how you spell it ). Darryl would definetely not like my costume but since I know none of the boys are going to go because they are too 'old', I'm going to beg A6D and Bad since they are literally the closest ones to me more than the rest. I'm pretty excited! I don't know who is going to eat all the candy but we could give it away for free- wait, that's going to make it sound like its bad candy like there is chemicals inside so probably throw it away is a better option...

I already have my costume ready ever since I started a duck/quacking meme. Dang that is still my favourite meme to this day. But yet, this day still reminds me of the worst day...

————————————————————
Zak Flashbacks

"Sam? Sammy? Where did you go?!"
"Mommy? Where did sister Sam go?"
"Mommy?"
.
"Zak... I'm sorry.."
.
"Mommy? Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong."
.
"I'm sorry because, your sister is in the hospital."
.
"What's a hospital?"
.
"A place where, you get hurt and they take care of you. But sometimes, Zak, just know that your sister loves you very much. You may be only 4 but you will understand this all in the future. But for now, its just you and me now"
.
"Why are you crying, mommy?"
.
"You'll understand soon, Zak. C'mon, we still have more houses to go through..."

End of Flashback
————————————————————

It just hurts of thinking about it, that time, the same day, she had to go so soon. I don't understand why she had to go. She was my best friend before... Especially my mother. This day would be fun spending time with the love of my lifr but yet so many bad memories. Tomorrow, would be the month my mother died in. And she left me the note stuck with a teddy bear. God, I miss them a lot.

Oh well, time to beg Darryl and Vincent!

"Darryl?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you go trick or treating with me please???"

"Aren't you a little-."

I start to do the puppy eyes that always get Darryl. I do say so myself, I am like totally the best of puppy eyes. No dog or human could beat me. I am le master at it.

"Fine.. I don't even have a costume-."

"Well... You're in luck because we can be matching duckies!"

"Zak- No-."

"Yes! Or else you're becoming a witch."

"Okayyy fineee..."

"Yayayyy! Thank you!"

————————————————————

"See! You look like a duck in it! We're matching duckies!"

"Zak- why would you ask me when there is the other 5 muffintops there."

"I asked them a long time ago and they said they were too old for trick or treating so that's why I asked you! And plus, I asked Vincent already and he didn't want to come."

"Uh okay? Now when do we leave?"

"Since it's only 2 pm, most people start at 7 pm so we can go at 7:30 if that's okay with you."

"That's fine with me. Are you guys okay with not coming?" Darryl said to the others

"Mhm, we're fine. Am I right guys?"

"Yup! We're perfectly fine."

"Alright then. Zak, grab bags or baskets so we can get candy in them."

"Okay!"

————————————————————
Timeskip to 7:25

"Zak! C'mon its 7:25."

"Coming!"

"Okay! Got everything? Bags, phones?"

"Mhm! Bye guys! We'll be back by... We'll back at 9 maybe or earlier."

"Bye!"

"Okay c'mon Zak, we have a long time to go."

————————————————————

We've been to almost near the whole neighborhood. Same pattern of: Trick or treat and Darryl just laughing at me for being so childish. I wanted to celebrate Halloween with my sister as well so I lead Darryl to the cemetery. As we walked in, I went straight to my sister's and mother's grave.

"Happy Halloween, mother and Sam. I miss you."

I smile and looked at Darryl. I ran up to him then hugged him.

"Let's go home since it's 9 pm already. Thank you for celebrating Halloween with me. It means a lot to me."

"You're welcome, you potato."

"Awhhhhhh"

"Vincent?!"

"Shit- guys! I have been caught."

"Oh come on Vincent!" ( Spifey )

"Whatever but you, Zak and Darryl. You're both meant to be with eachother now, bring me home and give us candy."

"Thank you now get into the car and we'll head home."

————————————————————

Ty for reading as this chapter is 800 words long
angst will come soon in future chapters
Ty for 3k views

-Chai