My Updates

As a fellow Wattpad Author, do you ever get the feeling that you don't update enough?

I do.

It's just that I've recently started two new books, 'Masters and Metal' and 'Secrets At Home'. Not to mention that I have a few more book ideas that I want to begin writing.

I want to update my books more so that I can make way for new ideas. I also may have to put one or two books on hold.

The only book that would almost definetly go on hold is 'Up In The World' (again) because that story really has no plan. Now I'm not saying that I've sat down and planned all of my stories on paper because I haven't. The only book that's properly planned out is 'Enigma', except I've only planned up to chapter 26. When I get to that then I will decide where I want to take the book next.

(Spoiler alert! Skip this part if you have not read 'A War In The Stars')

I usually plan stories in my head, and I usually plan the ending or the climax before thinking about the rest of the story. For example, when I first began writing 'A War In The Stars' I had already planned for them to meet Galaxia on Luna 1, and for the team to get trapped in a room full of dark energon vapors.

Things like Fracture's attack on their Starship and Drift getting arrested were just things I added to the plot to make it more interesting.

Also, I have a fun fact!

(Drumroll please! *Imitates a drum*)

Wildstreak was never supposed to be an official character in that book.

Yep that's right!

The truth is, when I was I was designing Skybird in Gacha Life, I decided she should have a friend. So I designed Wildstreak. It was just for fun. Then I accidently wrote her name in her introduction chapter ('Chapter 17: An Easy Capture') so I just decided to keep her there, and now she's one of the main characters!

Who'd thought?

This just shows how unplanned my stories are. I just add ideas that seem appropriate to the current situation.

(*Looks around* Okay, it's safe now, no more spoilers)

Anyway, my point is that I want to update more and organise my account, focusing on the books which I do have ideas for and coming back to the ones which I don't.

I am going to set myself a target...

I have to update 5 books this week. Including my 'Ask Or Dare Series'.

Whilst I won't have an official schedule anymore, I will try and update books in my free time.

The truth is, I really don't want to spend a year writing my other books. It took me over a year to write 'A War In The Stars' from start to finish, I don't want to spend that long on a single book.

I want to make way for new ideas!

I also have this thing where once I start a book, I have to either finish it or discontinue it. Even if that means putting it on hold.

I don't want to overload my account with a load of book starters and no climax or end. It will annoy me for the rest of my life!

***

Okay...that was a very long rant.

If you read all of it then you can have a slice of cake! 🍰  /(^u^)\

Starburst out!