An Annoying Memory

When I was around 7, I entered a talent show whilst on holiday. It was only me and one other girl and we were both singing the same song.

During practice, I got the words wrong, and she sang it perfectly.

After that, I spent the rest of the day singing that song so that I wouldn't mess up.

When it came to the actual show, I sung it really well and didn't mess up at all. When it was her turn, she messed up a lot of the words.

But she won...

Not many people were happy about it.

I then found out that the only reason she won was because her mum was one of the three judges and convinced them to pick her because it was her daughter.

Loads of people were telling me that I should have won because I earned it. I was still really annoyed but I got over it eventually.

Since then, that place has been very strict about not letting the parents of competitors judge.

Even the resort entertainers were congratulating me on my performance, but then again, we were close friends so...

Don't judge me for making friends with park resort entertainers then going to different places every year just so that I could see them.

Anyway, that has to be one of my most annoying memories.

Starburst out.